Updated December 7, 2015
Bells will be ringing, especially if you head to one of Atlanta's best ice skating rinks where festive decorations, warming drinks and twinkling lights make every family-friendly outing a magical experience. After your skating adventure, check out these other holiday events, shows and fabulous twinkling light displays to celebrate the most wonderful time of year.
Herewith, a guide to the top five ice skating rinks in Atlanta this holiday season:
01 of 05
Avalon on Ice
- Dates: November 22, 2015 through January 24, 2016; Monday through Thursday from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Admission: $18 per person; $12 for children under 12 ; season passes available for $175
- Need to Know: Mirroring the size of New York’s Rockefeller Center rink, outdoor skating rink that’s barely a year old (it’s located in the center of Alpharetta’s buzzed about Avalon development) is the consummate winter wonderland in the Southeast. You’ll find twinkling holiday lights, jolly décor, hot cocoa and even private lessons available.
02 of 05
Southwest Rink at Park Tavern
- Dates: November 26, 2015 through February 15, 2016
- Admission: $15 per person per day
- Need to Know: Situated in the heart of Piedmont Park, in the heated Garden Tent at Park Tavern, this seasonal ice skating rink is decked out in holiday garb and surrounded by cozy fire pits, a state-of-the-art sound system, warming pub food and festive cocktails. The rink runs rain or shine, and private events can be booked at the facility—which can house up to 200 skaters at a time. There’s even “Frozen” themed birthday parties for parents looking to show up Santa this Christmas.
03 of 05
St. Regis' Astor Holiday Ice Rink
- Dates: November 21, 2015 through January 3, 2016
- Admission: $30 per hour for adults; $18 per hour for children under 16
- Need to Know: For the seventh year in a row, the St. Regis Atlanta has transforming its 40,000-square-foot Pool Piazza into a magical outdoor skating rink, complete with a protective sheer tent, festive holiday lights and music. The rink can also be reserved for private parties and groups.
04 of 05
Centennial Olympic Park's Ice Rink
Continue to 5 of 5 below.
- Dates: November 21, 2015 through January 10, 2016
- Admission: $12 per person for a 90-minute session
- Need to Know: Now in its 18th season, Centennial Olympic Park’s rink is the only rink in town that’s made with real ice (it’s actually frozen 1/9-inch at time!). This year, expect a Skate Cam and social media scroll alongside a heated changing area, hot chocolate and funnel cake.
05 of 05
Skate Atlantic Station
- Dates: November 21, 2015 through February 14, 2016
- Admission: $13 per adult; $10 for kids under 12, seniors, students and military
- Need to Know: Every holiday season, Atlantic Station’s courtyard gets made over into a merry and bright outdoor ice skating rink—the unique, track-style rink, surrounded by shops, restaurants and dazzling lights, even gives skaters discounts at select retailers and restaurants to save after they skate.