Planning to stay in the USA on your honeymoon? Discover the honeymoon destinations that couples perennially choose as the best to visit in America. The country is vast and diverse, offering visitors a multitude of experiences from the Atlantic to the Pacific oceans.
Mountains, deserts, beaches, rivers, cities and long expanses of lonely road all lie within the borders, making the USA a place that truly offers something for every kind of honeymoon couple. Based on traffic to this site, which reveals which honeymoon destinations are most often researched, these lead in popularity:
Best 25 USA Honeymoon Destinations
When All You Want Is Sand and Water
Head for one of these Top Beaches in the USA for a shore thing.
The Top 5 USA Honeymoon Destinations Up Close
1. Despite the fact it's expensive to fly and lodge there, Hawaii ranks as the best honeymoon destination -- and it deserves that first-place status. Beautiful beaches and hidden coves; world-class hotels; fresh, inventive cuisine; watersports galore; extraordinary natural beauty; and perfect weather make this a best honeymoon destination year after year.
2. Coming in second, thanks to cities as diverse as New York and Niagara Falls, the Empire State has plenty to attract couples on a honeymoon. Everyone should see New York City at least once. If you have a few extra wedding dollars to spend on your honeymoon destination, this is the best place to splurge because the world's top restaurants, hotels, shops, and theaters are all located here.
Nearly 500 miles away, at the other end of the state, The Falls are affordable on both the US and Canadian sides, there's plenty to do, and seeing one of the natural wonders of the world adds to the excitement of a trip away from home. Nearby Niagara on the Lake is a charming and romantic wine growing area.
3. Florida offers coast-to-coast fun. From the festive atmosphere of Miami and the Keys, to upscale Palm Beach and Boca Raton, to Walt Disney World in Orlando, to the action in Daytona and Cape Kennedy, to the gentle beaches and great sunsets on the Gulf Coast side, to the affordable accommodations of the Panhandle, it's one honeymoon destination that offers something for all couples who enjoy warm weather.
4. California has a seemingly endless coastline that draw sun-and-surf lovers with an appreciation of a laid-back lifestyle. The state lures lovers to trendy Los Angeles, sophisticated San Francisco, verdant wine country, sunny San Diego and even that bastion of family travelers, Disneyland.
5. It's really hard to have a bad time in Las Vegas, which keeps getting better with new hotels, restaurants, and shopping (unless you happen to run out of cash). Younger visitors are less interested in gambling than older ones; to occupy them, hotels have been opening day and nightclubs with a party atmosphere.
Explore Other USA Honeymoon Destinations
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Popular Honeymoon Destinations Outside the USA
The most romantic cities and countries on the Continent.