Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products and services; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
- Best Overall: PG Cruises – See Rates "An iconic destination for honeymooners, Tahiti is where the luxurious MS Paul Gauguin cruise ship calls home."
- Best Small Ship: UnCruise – See Rates "Couples who prefer smaller ships and all-inclusive pricing should consider vacationing with UnCruise."
- Best Sailboat: Windstar Cruises – See Rates "Windstar Cruises’ 7-night voyage to the Greek Isles is a perfect fit for honeymooners."
- Best for Luxury: Ponant – See Rates "A new, eight-night itinerary for eco-friendly couples that includes visits to several nature reserves."
- Best Boutique: Blue Lagoon Cruises – See Rates "Ideal for honeymooners looking for a low-key cruise that blends relaxation with cultural exploration."
- Best Modern Cruise: Celebrity Cruises – See Rates at Expedia "The sparkling Mediterranean Sea and bustling port cities of Italy and Spain offer a blend of romance and excitement."
- Best for Island Hopping: Crystal Cruises – See Rates at Expedia "For five-star service that doesn’t sacrifice a wide variety of entertainment, honeymooners should consider cruising with Crystal."
- Best Nightlife: Princess Cruises – See Rates at Expedia "The Golden Princess features a beautiful, Italian-inspired main piazza with live entertainment, tapas restaurants, and wine bars."
Our Top Picks
Best Overall: PG Cruises
- Sails from: Papeete
- Duration: 7 nights
- Ship Name: MS Paul Gauguin
- Itinerary: Huahine, Taha'a, Bora Bora, Moorea
An iconic destination for honeymooners, Tahiti is where the luxurious MS Paul Gauguin cruise ship calls home. Carrying just 332 passengers, the crew to passenger ratio on board is 1 to 1.5 for unparalleled attention to detail, plus 70 percent of the staterooms have private balconies. Couples can relax in a full-service spa or take a stroll on a private beach. The ship has a watersports marina that is utilized when docked – allowing guests to paddleboard and kayak right from the aft of the ship. Plus, the MS Paul Gauguin often stays overnight in romantic ports of call, so that means more time in paradise surrounded by sparkling waters, palm trees, and soft-sand beaches.
Best Small Ship: UnCruise
- Sails from: Molokai
- Duration: 7 nights
- Ship Name: Safari Explorer
- Itinerary: Kaunakakai, Molokai; Lanaʻi; Olowalu, Maui; Honomalino Bay; Kailua-Kona, Big Island; Kawaihae Harbor, Big Island
Hawaii is a top destination for honeymooners, but many of the cruises that explore the islands are larger, mainstream ships. However, couples who prefer smaller ships and all-inclusive pricing should consider vacationing with UnCruise. The boutique vessel, Safari Explorer, has just 36 passengers and gets up close to Hawaiian ports of call that the larger ships don’t stop in. Plus, some truly unique activities are included like a night snorkel with Giant Pacific Manta Rays, a visit with a local Kahuna in Molokai’s ancient Halawa Valley, and wildlife searching in the Humpback National Marine Sanctuary. Newlyweds cruise in comfort with a sun lounge, library, and well-appointed cabins fitted with Tempur-Pedic mattresses and heated tile floors in bathrooms.
Best Sailboat: Windstar Cruises
- Sails from: Athens, Greece
- Duration: 7 nights
- Ship Name: Wind Star
- Itinerary: Nafplio, Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Kusadasi, Turkey; Patmos, Greece; Santorini, Greece; Monemvasia, Greece; Athens, Greece
Tall sailing ships conjure up romance at sea, and WindStar Cruises’ 7-night voyage to the Greek Isles is a perfect fit for honeymooners. Sailing round-trip from Athens, Wind Star, a four-masted ship, carries 148 passengers in classic, yet luxurious accommodations. Elegant teak wood decks, ocean views in every cabin, plush robe and slippers, and fresh fruit and flowers delivered to staterooms set the mood. Couples can also dine under the stars at Candles restaurant for a perfect evening with award-winning cuisine. The ship calls in legendary islands like Santorini and Mykonos as well as lesser-visited locales along the Aegean Sea, plus nine UNESCO World Heritage sites and dinner at the Celsus Library in the ancient city of Ephesus.
Best for Luxury: Ponant
- Sails from: Victoria, Mahé
- Duration: 8 nights
- Ship Name: Le Bougainville
- Itinerary: Curieuse; Aride; Grande Soeur; Praslin; La Digue Island; Victoria, Mahé
A romantic, French-operated vessel sailing the sparkling waters of the Seychelles makes for an exotic honeymoon cruise. Luxury cruise operator Ponant debuted a new, eight-night itinerary for eco-friendly couples that includes visits to several nature reserves. Aboard the luxury mega yacht Le Bougainville, 92 staterooms are beautifully appointed with private balconies to soak in the gorgeous views. Newlyweds can sip cocktails in the outdoor bar and lounge, relax in the solarium or pool, or take in a film in the theater. Highlights of the voyage include Curieuse Island, known for its red earth and abundant marine life, Aride Island that’s home to a variety of exotic birds and sea turtles, and the postcard-perfect, Grande Soeur Island with miles of soft white sands.
Take a look at other cruise lines with our selection of the best luxury cruises.
Best Boutique: Blue Lagoon Cruises
- Sails from: Nadi
- Duration: 7 nights
- Ship Name: MV Fiji Princess
- Itinerary: Port Denarau, Modiriki Island; Sosa Bay; Naukacuvu Island; Yalobi Bay; Blue Lagoon; Sawa-I-Lau Island; Drawaqa Island
Explore the picture-perfect beaches and paradise islands on Blue Lagoon Cruises, the boutique cruise line that’s ideal for honeymooners looking for a low-key cruise that blends relaxation with cultural exploration. The 68-passenger MV Fiji Princess docks in remote blue lagoons and isolated islands, so guests can enjoy peace and serenity without the crowds. Onboard, a sky deck bar serves up tropical cocktails and stunning views and when in port, guests can utilize paddleboards, kayaks, and glass-bottom boats. Other highlights include a visit to the film location of “Castaway,” a day spent on a private beach on Nanuya Lailai Island, and a swim in the caverns of the Sawa-I-Lau Caves.
Best Modern Cruise: Celebrity Cruises
- Sails from: Civitavecchia
- Duration: 10 nights
- Ship Name: Celebrity Edge
- Itinerary: Messina, Italy; Santorini, Greece; Athens, Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Rhodes, Greece; Chania, Crete, Greece; Naples, Italy
The sparkling Mediterranean Sea and bustling port cities of Italy and Spain offer a blend of romance and excitement. Honeymooners can cruise aboard Celebrity’s much-anticipated new ship, the Celebrity Edge, a premium mainstream vessel with fabulous service. The cutting edge ship breaks away from traditional layouts (it was designed entirely in 3D), and has trend-setting features like a rooftop garden with live musical entertainment, a curtain-less theater with 10 panoramic screens, the Eden restaurant, a glass-enclosed lounge with interactive performances, and “Magic Carpet,” a cantilevered elevator deck that spans 13 floors. The cruise sails round-trip from Rome and visits three countries in six ports of call.
Best for Island Hopping: Crystal Cruises
- Sails from: Miami
- Duration: 11 nights
- Ship Name: Crystal Serenity
- Itinerary: Basse Terre, Saint Kitts and Nevis; St. Lucia, Saint Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Guadaloupe, France; St. Barthelemy, Guadeloupe; St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
For five-star service that doesn’t sacrifice a wide variety of entertainment, honeymooners should consider cruising with Crystal. On the 980-passenger Crystal Serenity, spacious staterooms feature ocean views or private balconies plus butler service in suites. Activities onboard range from challenging trivia, entertaining magic and comedy shows, movies, live music, theater performances, and the fabulous Crystal spa. Crystal also offers some extremely exclusive, high-end shore excursions, so couples can start their lives together with one-of-a-kind activities like a semi-submarine ride, a private tour of Guadaloupe, or a helicopter flight over St. Lucia. The cruise calls on six different ports of call in the Eastern Caribbean.
Interested in seeing more of the Caribbean? Check out our round-up of the best Caribbean cruises.
Best Nightlife: Princess Cruises
- Sails from: Los Angeles
- Duration: 10 nights
- Ship Name: Golden Princess
- Itinerary: Cabo San Lucas; La Paz: Loreta; Puerto Vallarta
Couples interested in a mainstream cruise ship, along with the convenience of traveling round-trip from a U.S. port, should consider Princess’ Cruises voyage to Mexico. The Golden Princess features a beautiful, Italian-inspired main piazza with live entertainment, tapas restaurants, and wine bars, as well as several shopping options that serve as the bustling, central gathering place. Outdoors, there’s four swimming pools, romantic movies under the stars, and the Sanctuary, an adults-only retreat. The ship sails through the pristine Sea of Cortez and visits four ports of call in Mexico, including an overnight in Cabo San Lucas – home to several stunning beaches and a sizzling nightlife.