Pittsburgh and Southwestern Pennsylvania farms and farmers markets offer a wonderful variety of homegrown produce, goods, events, festivals, and fun. This list includes Pittsburgh farmers' markets, as well as a permanent roadside produce stands. Most Pittsburgh area farmers' markets are open from sometime in May to sometime in November, but dates and available items vary by location.
01 of 06
02 of 06
03 of 06
These seven city-run farmers markets set up shop each summer in a different Pittsburgh neighborhood. Shop for fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and baked goods, plus some small gifts.
- Sundays: Squirrel Hill, in the Beacon/Bartlett Parking lot; May 31 to Nov 1, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m
- Mondays: East Liberty, at the Station St. & N. Euclid Ave. parking lot; May 11 to Nov. 23, 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays: South Side, at the 18th St. & Carson St. parking lot; May 12 to Nov. 24, 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Carrick, in the Carrick Shopping Center at Brownsville Rd. and Parkville St; June 10 to Nov. 25, 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: Beechview, at the Beechview and Broadway Ave. parking lot; June 11 to Oct. 22, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Fridays: Downtown Pittsburgh, at the City-County Portico Building on Grant St.; May 15 to Nov. 6, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Fridays: North Side, in East Park at East Ohio St. and Cedar Ave.; May 15 to Nov. 20, 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
04 of 06
Stock up on local produce, fresh cheeses, and artisanal prepared foods at The Bloomfield Saturday Market. After filling up your (reusable) shopping bags, linger to watch a cooking demonstration or check out a free belly dancing class. Saturdays, May 30 to November 7, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 5050 Liberty Avenue, 15224 (between S. Winebiddle and Gross Streets)Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Farmers@Firehouse is one of Pittsburgh's most popular farmers markets, with offerings from dozens of local farmers and growers. Most of the meat and produce is certified organic, and Farmers@Firehouse has received several "best farmers' market" accolades. Saturdays, through Nov. 21 2015, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 2216 Penn Ave.
06 of 06