Whether you're exploring the streets of Portugal on your first family Eurotrip or you're on a highly anticipated pilgrimage to Disney World, a hotel with a functional location (how's right next to Rome's Pantheon?) and fun amenities (baby butler service, anyone?) is essential. Here are TripSavvy's favorite family hotels for 2018.
- Tyler Place Family Resort: Swanton, Vt. — featured in Vermont's Tyler Place Family Resort
- George V Casa Branca: Sao Paolo, Brazil — featured in The Best Sao Paulo Hotels
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge: Disney World, Fla. — featured in The Most Amazing Swimming Pools at Disney World
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground: Disney World, Fla. — featured in The Best Value Hotels in Disney World
- Lanson Place Bukit Ceylon Serviced Residences: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia — featured in The Best Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- The FunKey: Brussels, Belgium — featured in The Best Hotels in Brussels
Albergo Del Senato: Rome, Italy — featured in The Best Hotels in Rome
Sitting on the same small piazza as the Pantheon, Albergo del Senato is a family-friendly hotel with one of the best addresses in Rome. The top sights in the city are mere minutes (or feet) away but the classic Roman hotel remains a center of calm filled with fresh flowers and tasteful antiques. From the polished design and helpful service to the free breakfast buffet, there are lots of reason to book a stay. However, it might be worth reserving a room solely to access the guests-only rooftop bar, which has an unrivaled view over the top of the Pantheon.
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong: Hong Kong — featured in The Best Hotels in Hong Kong
- Renaissance Santiago Hotel: Santiago, Chile — featured in The Best Hotels in Santiago
- Homewood Suites: Charlotte, N.C. — featured in The Best Hotels in Charlotte
- Maximilian Hotel: Prague, Czechia — featured in The Most Romantic Hotels in Prague
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago: Chicago, Ill. — featured in The Best Hotels in Chicago
Kimpton’s strong presence in Chicago includes Hotel Palomar, snug on North State Street (read: near shopping, concept eateries and Millennium Park; and a short Uber ride to museums). Suites each feature a sofa sleeper and there are plenty of connecting rooms on the same floor as the indoor pool, which boasts splendid skyline views from its 17th-floor perch. Every kid, upon arrival, receives a welcome bag stuffed with coloring books, crayons and small toys. Also free is the Palomar Baby Butler service, providing everything from diapers to baby Tylenol to help lighten your load.
Bonus: not only is this hotel family-friendly you can bring the family dog, too. –Kristine Hansen
Martinhal Lisbon Chiado Family Suites: Lisbon, Portugal — featured in The Best Hotels in Lisbon
The Martinhal Group is known for their family-friendly properties throughout Portugal and the Lisbon Chiado Family Suites is their first city property. Located inside a 19th-century townhouse, each suite configuration is different but all are designed with bright colors and kids in mind. Every apartment has a kitchen complete with a stove, dishwasher, washer-dryer, and refrigerator and there's a baby concierge to request anything from potties and high chairs to bottle warmers—no need to lug those along.
Best of all is the Kid's Club, which is included with your stay and includes child-care services in three different rooms that cater to kids of all ages, all the way from a nursery for infants to a room with a climbing wall and video games for teens. –Devorah Lev-Tov
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn: Walt Disney World, Florida — featured in The Best Walt Disney World Hotels
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Walt Disney World, Florida — featured in The Best Walt Disney World Hotels
- Aspen Meadows Resort: Aspen, Colo. — featured in The Best Hotels in Aspen
- ADGE Apartment Hotel: Sydney, Australia — featured in The Best Hotels in Sydney
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne: Charlotte, N.C. — featured in The Best Hotels in Charlotte
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort: Walt Disney World, Florida — featured in The Best Walt Disney World Hotels
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground: Walt Disney World, Florida — featured in The Best Value Resorts at Walt Disney World
Get back in touch with Mother Nature, and get a glimpse into American frontier life (sans the dirt and dysentery) at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Lodge. This family-friendly resort is among Disney’s most affordable accommodations, and offers comfortable cabins, and campsites ranging from basic for pop-up tents, to fully-loaded, premium sites for recreational vehicles. With over 750 acres of pine and cypress forest, Fort Wilderness Lodge offers wandering woodland trails, massive pool areas, and plenty of Disney-designed entertainment.
Look out for deer, ducks, armadillos, and rabbits—they’re common sights around the campgrounds. –Christina Donnelly