There are countless day spas in Los Angeles. How do you tell which spas are the best? These are my picks for the best day spas in Los Angeles, ranging from the affordable to the super-luxe.
Best Day Spas
- The Beverly Hills Hotel Spa by La Prairie, 9641 Sunset Blvd., Beverly Hills. The famed "Pink Lady" has a luxe but pricey spa that appeals to the older Beverly Hills crowd. Considered one of the best spas in California.
- Four Seasons Hotel, Los Angeles at Beverly Hills Spa, 300 South Doheny Dr., Beverly Hills. This is one of the most elegant spas in Los Angeles, but you may have a hard time getting in between guests and the celebrity client list. One of the best spas in California.
- Glen Ivy Hot Springs,25000 Glen Ivy Road Corona. Bargain hunters alert! You can spend a day at the Glen Ivy hot springs for less than the price of a massage. If you want a massage or facial (it's extra), make reservations well in advance. Glen Ivy also has a day spa at the Brea Mall in Brea.
- Kinara, 656 N. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles. This combination skin care clinic, spa, and cafe opened in 2002 and has quickly become one of the trendiest spas in LA. It offers ten different facials, a milk bath, and body scrubs using Hawaiian brown sugar.
- Larchmont Sanctuary Spa, 331 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles. This is a 2,000 square foot neighborhood spa near Paramount Studios.
- Murad Medical Spa, 2141 Rosecrans Ave., El Segundo. Dr. Murad is known for his skincare line, sold through infomercials. This is his flagship spa location, with a range of spa treatments, including massage and energy work.
- The Spa at Equinox Century City, Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, 10220 Constellation Ave., Los Angeles. Equinox is known for its fitness facilities and exercise classes, which guests can access with a fee. Here the spa features 18 treatment rooms, two Thai rooms, three facial rooms, three body treatment rooms, a manicure and pedicure suite, and more than 14 types of massage.
- Ona Spa,7373 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles. This Asian-inspired medical spa offers Botox, collagen, laser hair removal, and Brite Smile treatments in addition to massage, facials, and Ayurveda treatments. On Beverly Boulevard between La Brea and Martel.
- Ole Henrikson Face/Body, 8622A W. Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles. Celebrity skin care specialist Ole Henriksen, whose client list includes Renee Zellweger and Charlize Theron, is known for his elaborate facials and body treatments.
- One Spa at Shutters on the Beach, One Pico Blvd., Santa Monica. This 7,000 square foot spa is right on the beach and features treatments are designed by celebrity skin care specialist Ole Henriksen.
- The Peninsula Spa at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, 9882 S. Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills. This lavish hotel spa is considered one of the best spas in California.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Huntington Hotel & Spa, 1401 S. Oak Knoll Ave., Pasadena. This hotel has been a landmark since 1907 and has a gorgeous 11,000 square foot spa.
- The Spa Le Merigot Le Merigot Beach Hotel & Spa, 1740 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica. This is a beachfront hotel with relatively affordable spa prices.
- Thibiant Beverly Hills Day Spa, 449 N. Cañon Dr., Beverly Hills. Aida Thibiant's legendary spa has been around for 30 years.
- Trilogy Spa,1301 Manhattan Ave., Hermosa Beach.