Even in a city where pints of beer can cost upwards of $10, there’s no shortage of bars with drink specials so cheap that it’ll make you feel like it’s the 1960s. Collect your spare change and hit the town with the cheap beer and drinks at these 4 NYC bars!
1. Bourbon Street for $1 Beers
It might feel like you’re trapped at a bad fraternity party, but it’s hard to beat $1 beers at this Upper West Side hangout.
You can party like Mardi Gras on Thursdays from 9pm to 11pm when one buck is all you need for a Bud or Bud Light. Daily happy hours (from 3pm till 8pm) feature $3 well drinks and $4 on all draft beers, plus, there are two-for-one drinks on Wednesday nights. 407 Amsterdam Ave., btwn W. 79th & W. 80th sts.; 212/721-1332
2. Bravest for $3 Pints
For a bit more of a laid-back scene, check out this Murray Hill bar with tasty wings and burgers. Grab a Bud, Bud Light, or PBR can for $3 all day, every day; or, during their 4pm to 7pm happy hour (from Monday through Saturday), get $3 draft pints and well mixed drinks. Admire the NYFD memorabilia on the walls and take advantage of the bar’s free Wi-Fi, too. 700 2nd Ave. at W. 38th St.; www.bravestnyc.com
3. Welcome To The Johnsons for $2 PBRs
You can down $2 cans of PBR at this Lower East Side dive bar that's decorated like your grandma’s house. As you squeeze through the crowd of hipsters assembled at the bar, don’t get too nostalgic when you notice the plastic covered couches and family photos that adorn the walls. 123 Rivington St., btwn Essex & Norfolk sts.
4. Village Pourhouse for $4 Pints of Beer
For those of you looking to get an early start to your evening, this sports bar offers a great weekday lunch deal: get a burger, grilled cheese, quesadilla, or salad, paired with a beer for $8.95 (Monday through Friday, from 12pm till 4pm). During happy hour (12pm to 7pm) from Monday through Friday, you'll get $4 Bud Light on draft, or $5 well drinks.
Look out for a slate of daily drink specials, too, like $5 Margarita Mondays. 64 3rd Ave. at W. 11th St.; villagepourhouse.com
Looking for even more bargains in NYC?
- 5 Cheap Date Ideas in NYC: Romance in NYC can be expensive. Rather than breaking your bank account on an extravagant date or staying at home to save money, you could just be smarter about how you spend your time together. There are plenty of relatively inexpensive options for doing something special and memorable in NYC, and it may mean more than a pricey outing. Here are 5 great cheap date ideas in Manhattan.
- 10 of the Best Cheap Bars in Manhattan: It's a dilemma we've all had living in New York City: You want to go out for a drink, but you'd rather not take out a loan. While there's been a major push for fine cocktails, craft beer, and miraculous feats of mixology in Manhattan, there are still plenty of places around town that will serve up a drink without costing you an arm and a leg. Here are 10 of the best cheap bars in Manhattan.