This Polo Championship first came to Arizona in 2011, and has been growing in popularity ever since. In 2015, the 5th Annual Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships returns to the Valley of the Sun with the theme "Horses and Horsepower." It's all about sport. It's all about horses. It's all about mingling. It's all about seeing and being seen. It's all that and more.
The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships: Date and Time
Saturday, November 5, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where Is It held?
It all happens at WestWorld in Scottsdale. Here is a map with directions. This location is in North Scottsdale; it is NOT accessible by METRO Light Rail.
How much does it cost to get in?
General Admission, in advance: $20
General Admission, at the door: $30
Twilight Ticket after 3 p.m. in advance: $10
Twilight Ticket after 3 p.m. at the door: $20
Children 12 and under are free (general admission only)
Want to drive your car to the field sideline and watch from there? Those tickets range from $120 to $455 per vehicle. You can bring your own food if you have these tickets, but no alcohol.
Limited RV parking is available for $250 per vehicle.
Reserved picnic table seating in the shade: $160 (includes four general admissions)
All access VIP: $350 per person, advance purchase only
Other separately priced ticketed experiences include:
- The Phoenician Afternoon Tea & High Society Tent
- ArtPolo Pavilion by J Levine: The World’s Most Beautiful Art & Luxury Auction
- The Barrett-Jackson Champagne & Jazz Lounge
- Molina Fine Jewelers Drivers & Players VIP Lounge
How Do I Get Tickets?
Tickets may be purchased online or by calling 480-306-5845.
What is Polo?
"The ... riders carry a long handled mallet they use to hit a ball towards goal posts on opposite ends of the field.
In play it's a bit like hockey on horseback with riders 'body checking' those on the opposite team and swinging their mallets to gain control of the ball....The goal is to get the ball through the opposite team's goal as often as possible during the game." You can learn more about the sport and its history from the About.com Horses Expert.
When Are the Polo Matches?
There will be three polo matches throughout the day:
10:30 a.m. - LaJolla Polo Club vs. Polo Azteca
12:30 p.m. - Palm Springs Polo Team vs. Arizona Polo Club
2:30 p.m. - Aspen Valley Polo Club (defending champions) vs. Palm Beach Polo Team
What Else Will Happen?
The World's 'Longest' Fashion Show produced by Phoenix Fashion Week, a Dog Fashion Show presented by Oh My Dog!, a Sunset Polo Match (women of USA polo) and Cultural Concert with performances by the Scottsdale Philharmonic, Arizona Opera, DJ Maestro Hughes. Barrett-Jackson will preview some some vehicles that you might see at the January auction. Troon Golf brings a hole-in-one concert to the party this year. Fireworks are scheduled for 5:45 p.m.
Want to know where all of the special tents and party areas are located? See a map of the event grounds.
Where Should I Stay Nearby?
Check these resorts and hotels that are close to WestWorld.
What If I Have Other Questions?
Visit the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships online.
Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships Tips: Things To Know
- Thousands of people attend, so leave extra time for parking and getting to the polo grounds.
- While children are welcome, there aren't really activities for children here. They might enjoy the polo matches, but the "extracurriculars" are adult-oriented and probably boring to young children.
- This is an outdoor event.
- No food or beverages may be brought in except for one sealed bottle of water (unless you purchased the vehicle sideline tickets mentioned above).
- People with General Admission tickets may bring their own chairs or blankets. There are also picnic tables and bleachers. All the special and VIP ticketed areas have shade.
- Dressing up is not required, but you will see some people dressed in their finest polo spectator attire.
- You can arrange to have your wedding at the Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships!
- In the event of unsafe weather, matches will take place on the following day, Sunday. If Sunday is unsafe as well, tickets purchased this year will be transferred to next year's event.
- If you don't attend this year's Polo Championships, you might become afflicted with the dreaded POLO FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.