Want to stay somewhere unique and intimate? These top Goa boutique hotels all offer something different, from heritage accommodations to secluded luxury, and of course outstanding personalized service. Rates do vary widely according to the time of year and generous discounts of up to 50% (or more!) are commonly offered from April until the end of September, during the summer and monsoon season. Click on the links to compare prices and get the best deals for each hotel. Note: the rates stated in this article are for the beginning of the tourist season in October.
If you're not familiar with Goa's coastline, have a read of this guide to Goa's beaches to find out which area you should stay in.
For more options, also check out these gorgeous villa hotels in Goa. You can book individual rooms, or the whole property!
AddressOn the seaward side of the Baga bridge, Baga, Goa 403516, India
Phone+91 77220 16888
One of Goa's most popular resorts, Acron Waterfront is a relatively new boutique property that was launched in 2015. What's particularly special is that it's a converted ancestral home, and the architects have endeavored to retain this feel. The property scenically opens out onto the Baga River. You'll be able to relax with a cocktail by the pool and gaze across to the colorful moored boats.
- Rates: From around 10,000 rupees per night.
- Features: 29 rooms and six three-bedroom suites. Some rooms have been designed for differently-abled guests, and there's ramp access across the property. The hotel's global-cuisine River Restaurant is led by multi-award winning Master Chef Cyrus Todiwala. The hotel also has a wellness center.
AddressOpp Acron Waterfront Resort, On the Seaward Side of Baga Bridge,, Baga, Bardez-Arpora, Goa, 403516, India
Phone+91 93228 00100
Here's a unique new concept (created by Millennials for Millennials) -- a hotel made from up-cycled materials. If you stay at Beach Box, you'll be sleeping in a re-purposed shipping container! Don't be concerned though, they're very funky and functional. You can even swim in one of these containers. The hotel opened in 2017 next to Acron Waterfront near Baga beach. It will definitely be a talking point on your Instagram account!
- Rates: Expect to pay about 5,000 rupees per night, upwards.
- Features: 16 rooms, 24-hour Box Cafe and Box Bar, all made from old shipping containers. The rooms have air-conditioning and bathrooms. There's also free Wireless Internet.
AddressLane Opposite Calangute Mall, Near Calangute Beach, Calangute, Goa 403516, India
Phone+91 88050 28191
Part of the luxury Park Group of Hotels, this property is modern and stylish, and in the heart of the action on Calangute beach in Goa. You'll love sunsets at the open-air lounge rooftop bar facing the ocean.
- Rates: From around 12,000 rupees per night. Breakfast is included.
- Features: 30 rooms and suites decorated in refreshing white (all have iPod docks and wireless Internet), outdoor swimming pool, bar, and restaurant with beach access.
AddressPorba Vaddo, Calangute, Bardez, Goa 403516, India
Phone+91 97658 04964
This remarkably constructed and landscaped boutique hotel is located at the corner of Arpora and Calangute, about 15 minutes walk from the beach (there's a free shuttle service). Its magnificent architecture has a number of interesting features. Once you're inside this exotic place, the rest of the world will feel far, far away. Ayurvedic treatments are offered help replenish body and soul.
- Rates: From around 20,000 rupees per night. Breakfast, lunch or dinner is included.
- Features: 12 suites with individual themes, all scattered around a swimming pool with bar.
AddressSenhor Francisco Road,, Near St. Anthony’s Chapel, Gaura Vaddo, Calangute, North Goa, Goa 403516, India
Phone+91 832 227 5696
Gloriously restored Casa Severina is more like a home than a boutique hotel, and it will take you back to a bygone era. Decorated in Spanish-Portuguese style and surrounded by landscaped gardens, it has a convenient yet peaceful location between Calangute and Candolim beaches.
- Rates: From around 3,500 rupees per night. Breakfast is included.
- Features: Two rooms and 17 suites with balconies, and outdoor swimming pool. Children below 12 years old are discouraged, so guests aren't disturbed.
Address8/123, Bairo Alto, Vaddo Saligao Goa, Saligao, Goa 403511, India
Phone+91 832 227 8844
Shanti Morada has the same owner as Shanti Home, one of Delhi's best boutique hotels, and it also blends tradition with contemporary sophistication. The property has been crafted from a 100-year old Portuguese mansion in Saligao village (about 10 minutes from Calangute and Baga beaches) and its name means "peace home".
- Rates: Expect to pay about 7,500 rupees per night upwards.
- Features: 20 rooms, elegantly furnished with antiques dating back 300 years. There's a gourmet restaurant, Jacuzzi pool bar, Goa's only ozone-filtered swimming pool, wellness center, and numerous ambient lounges for guests to relax in.
AddressNext To Dattatray Temple, Socol Waddo, Bouta Waddo, Assagao, Goa 403507, India
Phone+91 832 226 8075
Unusually built out of stone, The Tamarind has surprisingly chic interiors with plenty of refreshing blue and white hues. This boutique hotel is inland near Assagao village, about 10 minutes from Anjuna beach. It's a very romantic hotel that's beautifully illuminated at night. Its fine-dining Cotinga restaurant (named after a type of bird) serves food from around the world, and draws a crowd for Sunday brunch.
- Rates: From around 5,000 rupees per night. Breakfast (and bicycles) are complimentary.
- Features: 26 individually designed, light and airy rooms. The lounge bar has an Alice in Wonderland theme. There's often live music. Guests can exchange books from the library.
Address1669/3, Grande Chiuvar, Anjuna, Bardez, Goa 403509, India
Phone+91 832 663 0000
This immaculate and reasonably priced boutique hotel has a Spanish feel in accordance with its name. Service is impeccable and the extensive garden environment is a calming place to unwind. While the hotel isn't on the beach, it's centrally situated about 10 minutes from both Anjuna and Vagator.
- Rates: About 4,000 rupees per night upwards.
- Features: 22 rooms, including luxury suites with kitchenettes. There's a restaurant, eco-friendly swimming pool, and meditation areas around the property.
AddressVagator Beach Rd, Anjuna, Goa 403509, India
Phone+91 832 227 3433
This hip boutique hotel has a handy location surrounded by shops and restaurants on the way to Vagator beach. Staff are friendly and helpful. The beach is approximately 15 minutes walk away. Alternatively, bike hire is close by.
- Rates: About 5,600 rupees per night upwards.
- Features: 27 spacious rooms, many with private balconies overlooking the pool. The hotel has an international cuisine restaurant, a casual bar and grill, games room, tour desk, and a gym.
AddressHouse No.594/4, Vozran, Vagator, Near Nine Bar, Bardez, Goa 403509, India
Phone+91 70309 13923
Casa Vagator belongs to the highly-regarded Casa group of boutique luxury hotels in Goa. Each property is distinctive and has its own charm. This one is set on the side of a cliff above Vagator beach, with panoramic views being the highlight. The open-air Seaside Deck is particularly alluring.
- Rates: From 9,000 rupees per night.
- Features: 24 rooms, decorated with original works of art. Some rooms have been newly constructed around the swimming pool. A spectacular penthouse occupies the entire top floor of the property, and has a home theater, Jacuzzi, private sunset lounge, and three balconies. Asian, Goan and European cuisine, plus delicious cocktails are served in the restaurant.
AddressE-212, 31st January Road, Fontainhas, Altinho, Panaji, Goa 403001, India
Phone+91 832 222 6523
A boutique heritage hotel, Panjim Inn is tucked away in Goa's historic Fontainhas Latin Quarter. The property, which is a Portuguese mansion, dates back to the 1800s and is still owned by the original family. Its leafy Verandah Restaurant serves some of the best Goan food around, as well as tasty Continental dishes.
- Rates: From 5,900 rupees per night. Breakfast is included.
- Features: 24 rooms filled with wonderful old-world character including period furniture, family photographs, and four-poster beds. There's also an in-house art gallery.
AddressBimmut Ward, Bogmalo, Goa 403806, India
Phone+91 832 253 8100
This lush boutique hotel is situated on a former coconut plantation. It's only 15 minutes from the airport but you'd never guess! It feels like such an idyllic oasis. And, it's only a couple hundred meters from Bogmalo beach. The owner also has a fabulous bar and restaurant (Joets) bang on the beach.
- Rates: From about 10,000 rupees per night. Breakfast is included. Airport transfers and wireless Internet are complimentary.
- Features: 20 rooms woven into the plantation. All have private terraces, and some have signature stone bathtubs. There's a poolside bar, games room, and luxury spa with beauty parlor. Bliss!
Address333/1 Rangali, Betul, Salcete, Goa, 403723, India
Phone+91 832 272 1111
Part of the Mayfair chain of luxury boutique hotels, the Mayfair Hideaway has a secluded spot on the Sal River, where it joins the Arabian Sea in South Goa. A free daily shuttle service is provided to Cavelossim beach, about 15 minutes away. If you want to pamper yourself, this hotel is the place. The spa offers an extensive array of therapies, massages, and wellness packages (including one for honeymooners).
- Rates: Expect to pay 7,000 rupees upwards per night. Breakfast and dinner are included, and wireless Internet is complimentary.
- Features: Portuguese architecture and authentic Goan cuisine. The hotel has 30 rooms and suites that face the river or pool. There's also a well-stocked library, including a collection of movies and documentaries, and picturesque poolside bar and grill.
AddressCabo De Rama, Canacona, Goa 403702, India
Phone+91 90758 43958
Not only are all the cottages at The Cape sea-facing, the to-die-for view can be enjoyed in your own private Jacuzzi on your balcony. How special is that! The Cape is by the same team as Agonda White Sands. It sprawls over the side of the cliff above an isolated beach near Cabo De Rama Fort, about 20 minutes north of Agonda beach in South Goa. The property is the perfect couple's retreat. The only drawback: there's no swimming pool.
- Rates: From 12,000 rupees per night. Breakfast is included.
- Features: Nine Balinese-style cottages, spread over four categories, plus a gourmet restaurant and bar. The cottages have air-conditioning, TVs, and open-to-the-sky bathrooms with rain showers and tropical plants.
AddressH.No:398/H-1 Tambdem, Agonda Beach, Canacona, Goa 403702, India
Phone+91 70309 66364
A new boutique hotel at the far south end of chilled-out Agonda beach, The White Resort opened in December 2017 and quickly gained guests' approval. The owners designed the property themselves, with the aim of creating a happy and homely haven with lots of personal touches. What really makes the hotel standout is that it's the only one with a swimming pool in the area.
- Rates: Expect to pay 6,000 rupees per night.
- Features: 14 cottages, restaurant and bar, daily yoga sessions, and free wireless Internet.