Want to stay somewhere unique and intimate? These enticing Goa boutique hotels all offer something different, from heritage accommodations to secluded luxury, and of course outstanding personalized service. Rates do vary widely according to the time of year and generous discounts of up to 50% (or more!) are commonly offered from April until the end of September, during the summer and monsoon season. Click on the links to compare prices and get the best deals for each hotel. Note: the rates stated in this article are for the beginning of the tourist season in October.
If you're not familiar with Goa's coastline, have a read of this Guide to Goa Beaches to find out which area you should stay in.
01 of 12
This remarkably constructed and landscaped boutique hotel is located at the corner of Arpora and Calangute, about 15 minutes walk from the beach. Its architecture is magnificent and has a number of interesting features. Once you're inside this luxurious and exotic place, the rest of the world will feel far, far away. It offers guests Ayurvedic treatment to help replenish body and soul. A free beach shuttle service is provided.
- Address: Near D'Mart, Porba Vaddo, Calangute, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 2279061.
- Price: From around 20,000 rupees per night, plus tax. Breakfast, lunch or dinner is included.
- Features: 12 suites with individual themes, all scattered around a swimming pool with bar.
02 of 12
Captivating Presa di Goa Country House is carefully restored Portuguese homestead that's furnished in traditional colonial style. Situated in a quaint village approximately 10 minutes drive from lively Calangute and Baga beaches, the hotel provides a secluded getaway in Goa.
- Address: 353/1, Arais Vaddo, Nagoa, Calangute, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 2409067.
- Price: Expect to pay around 5,500 rupees per night, plus tax. Breakfast is included.
- Features: Swimming pool. Five exclusive suites and two rooms, all uniquely decorated and named after flowers.
03 of 12
Gloriously restored Casa Severina is more like a home than a boutique hotel, and it will take you back to a bygone era. Decorated in Spanish-Portuguese style and surrounded by landscaped gardens, it has a convenient yet peaceful location between Calangute and Candolim beaches.
- Address: Senhor Francisco Road, near Saint Anthony's Chapel, Gaura Vaddo, Calangute, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 2275696.
- Price: From around 5,500 rupees per night, plus tax. Breakfast is included.
- Features: Two rooms and 17 suites with balconies, and outdoor swimming pool. Children below 12 years old are discouraged, so guests aren't disturbed.
04 of 12
Shanti Morada has the same owner as Shanti Home, one of Delhi's best boutique hotels, and it also blends tradition with contemporary sophistication. The property has been crafted from a 100 year old Portuguese mansion in Saligao village (a few kilometers from Calangute and Baga beaches) and its name means "peace home".
Continue to 5 of 12 below.
- Address: 8/123 Bairo Alto Vaddo, Saligao, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 2278888.
- Price: From around 6,000 rupees per night, plus tax.
- Features: 20 rooms, elegantly furnished with antiques dating back 300 years. There's a gourmet restaurant, Jacuzzi pool bar, Goa's only ozone-filtered swimming pool, wellness center, and numerous ambient lounges for guests to relax in.
05 of 12
Part of the luxury Park Group of Hotels, this property is modern and stylish, and situated in the heart of the action in Goa. You'll love sunsets at the open-air lounge rooftop bar that faces the ocean.
- Address: End of Holiday Street, opposite Calangute Mall, Calangute, North Goa. Ph: +91 1800 102 7275 (toll free).
- Price: Expect to pay around 10,000 rupees upwards per night, plus tax. Breakfast is included.
- Features: 30 rooms and suites decorated in refreshing white (all have iPod docks and wireless Internet), outdoor swimming pool, bar, and restaurant with beach access.
06 of 12
Unusually built out of stone, The Tamarind has chic interiors with plenty of refreshing blue and white hues. It's a very romantic hotel that's beautifully illuminated at night. Its fine dining Cotinga restaurant (named after a type of bird) serves food from around the world, and is especially sought after for its Sunday brunch and bakery.
- Address: 1286 Kumar Vaddo, opposite Saint Michael’s Church, Anjuna, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 36518888.
- Price: From around 4,500 rupees per night, plus tax. Breakfast (and bicycles) are complimentary.
- Features: 26 individually designed, light and airy rooms. The lounge bar has an Alice in Wonderland theme. There's often live music. Guests can exchange books from the library.
07 of 12
This very popular and reasonably priced, immaculate boutique hotel is a mix of Spanish and Portuguese styles. Service is impeccable and the sprawling, tranquil garden setting is an oasis of calm. It's the perfect place to unwind. The location is a few kilometers from the beach.
- Address: 1669/3 Grande Chivvar, near the Anjuna Vagator Petrol Pump, Panchayat Road, Anjuna, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 6630000.
- Price: About 3,500 rupees per night upwards, plus tax.
- Features: 22 rooms, including luxury suites with kitchenettes. There's a restaurant, eco-friendly swimming pool, and meditation areas around the property.
08 of 12
This funky boutique hotel has a handy location surrounded by shops and restaurants on the way to Vagator beach. Staff are friendly and helpful. The beach is approximately 15 minutes walk away. Alternatively, bike hire is close by.
Continue to 9 of 12 below.
- Address: Deul Vaddo, Vagator Beach Road, Vagator, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 2273433.
- Price: About 5,000 rupees per night upwards, plus tax.
- Features: 27 spacious rooms, many with private balconies overlooking the pool. The hotel has an international cuisine restaurant, a casual bar and grill, games room, tour desk, and a gym.
09 of 12
Casa Vagator belongs to the highly regarded Casa group of boutique luxury hotels in Goa. Each property is distinctive and has its own charm. This one is set on the side of a cliff above Vagator beach, with panoramic views being the highlights. The open air Seaside Deck is high on romance.
- Address: House 594/4, Vozran, Vagator Cliff, Vagator, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 22253204.
- Price: From 8,000 rupees per night, plus tax.
- Features: 24 rooms, decorated with original works of art. Some rooms have been newly constructed around the swimming pool. A spectacular penthouse occupies the entire top floor of the property, and has a home theater, Jacuzzi, private sunset lounge, and three balconies. Asian, Goan and European cuisine, plus delicious cocktails are served in the restaurant.
10 of 12
A boutique heritage hotel, Panjim Inn is tucked away in Goa's historic Fontainhas Latin Quarter. The property, which is a Portuguese mansion, dates back to the 1800s and is still owned by the original family. Its leafy Verandah Restaurant serves some of the best Goan food around, as well as tasty Continental dishes.
- Address: E-212, 31st January Road, Fontainhas, Panjim, North Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 2226523.
- Price: From 4,400 rupees per night, plus tax. Breakfast is included.
- Features: 24 rooms filled with wonderful old-world charm including period furniture, family photographs, and four-poster beds. There's also an in-house art gallery.
11 of 12
This lush boutique hotel is situated on a former coconut plantation. It's only a few kilometers from the airport but you'd never guess! It feels like such an idyllic oasis. And, it's only a couple hundred meters from Bogmalo beach. The owner also has a fabulous bar and restaurant (Joets) right on the beach.
- Address: Bimmut Ward, Bogmalo, South Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 2538090.
- Price: From 7,000 rupees per night, plus tax. Breakfast is included. Airport transfer and wireless Internet are complimentary.
- Features: 20 rooms woven into the plantation. All have private terraces, and some have signature stone bathtubs. There's a poolside bar, games room, and luxury spa with beauty parlor. Bliss!
12 of 12
Part of the Mayfair chain of luxury boutique hotels, the Mayfair Hideaway has a secluded location on the Sal River, where it joins the Arabian Sea. The closest beach is Cavelossim, about 10 kilometers away. A shuttle service is provided. If you want to pamper yourself, this hotel is the place. The spa offers an extensive array of therapies, massages, and wellness packages (including one for honeymooners).
- Address: Rangali, Velim, Betul, South Goa. Ph: +91 (832) 2721111.
- Price: Expect to pay 7,000 rupees upwards per night, plus tax. Breakfast and dinner are included, and wireless Internet is complimentary.
- Features: Portuguese architecture and authentic Goan cuisine. The hotel has 30 rooms and suites that face the river or pool. There's also a well-stocked library, including a collection of movies and documentaries, and picturesque poolside bar and grill.