Beaches is the family resort brand of Sandals Resorts International (SRI), a big name in Caribbean all inclusive resorts. SRI has several other brands:
• Sandals Resorts, all-inclusive resorts designed for couples.
• Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts -a newer brand of (relatively) value-priced all inclusives that welcome singles, couples, families, groups.
• Royal Plantation Collection: boutique resort in Jamaica (the Royal Plantation Ocho Rios, Jamaica); Royal Plantation Island, Exumas, Bahamas, a private island in the Bahamas (six luxury villas); Royal Plantation Villas; and more properties in development. Children can stay at the Villas and Royal Plantation Island; trained nannies are available.
Features for Families
There are currently three Beaches Resorts in Jamaica and one in Turks and Caicos -- see more, below.
Beaches Resorts offer a higher-end type of all-inclusive experience, are "ultra all inclusive", have nurseries and extensive kids programs, plus some attractive extras such as a partnership with Sesame Street -- part of a special focus on the preschool age group. Butler Service, too!
Features for families include:
- Kids Programs serve many different age groups: infants; toddlers; 6 - 7-year olds; 8 - 12-year-olds; and 13 and up. Hours for the older groups extend to 9 at night. Professional nanny care is available after hours.
- Sesame Street: character appearances, stage shows, daily activities such as story-time with Elmo, cookie-making with Cookie Monster, and more.
- Teen and Tween Programs: Trench Town teen hangout is available at Beaches Negril, Beaches Boscobel and Beaches Turks & Caicos. (Beaches Sandy Bay currently has no Trench Town*, but guests can use amenities at Beaches Negril thanks to a "Stay at One, play at Two" program). Other teen/Tween features include include Scratch DJ Academy and aqua-themed nightclub, Liquid.
- Gaming Center has state-of-the-art gear and games
- Watersports include waterskiing, sailing, glass-bottom boats, kayaking, aqua-trikes, hobie cats, snorkeling (check availability at individual properties).
- watersports also include scuba, for ages 10 and up. Guests who aren't certified divers need to take a "resort course" for $70 (valid for one year at all Sandals / Beaches resorts) ; afterwards, a guest can then dive once a day up to 30 feet dives. Tip: be sure to sign up early for the daily dive (and for snorkeling trips as well!)
- Land sports include volleyball, pool, basketball, horseshoes, tennis, squash, and more (-check availability at each property)
- Butler Service: comes with certain suites and guestrooms, at most Beaches resorts
- Beaches Turks and Caicos: flagship property, known for white-sand beach and turquoise sea; on-site waterpark is another draw.
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club, Jamaica- on the north coast, near Ocho Rios; includes golf at a nearby Sandals golf course
- Beaches Negril Resort & Spa: on Negril's Seven-Mile Beach
- Beaches Sandy Bay, Jamaica: this resort was a "value option" among Beaches resorts; guests could use facilities at Beaches Negril. As of November 1 2012, this is no longer a Beaches resort.