Bariloche's "Deep blue lakes, towering mountains, glaciers, climbing, boating, exploring, dining and just full relaxing make this an incomparable vacation destination. The scenery alone leaves most people breathless!. " Solar Tours
San Carlos de Bariloche, commonly known as Bariloche, is located in Argentina's Patagonia, on the the southern coast of Nahuel Huapi Lake, a 2 hour flight from Buenos Aires.
- See the interactive map from Expedia.
Read through Getting to Bariloche on Lake Nahuel Huapi for information about land, air and water travel.
Compare and select flights from your area. You can also browse for hotels and car rentals.
When to Go:
Bariloche is an all-season destination for vacationers and tourists. Summer sports on the various lakes in the region, trekking, climbing, horseback touring, bicycle tours and other warm weather activities draw visitors to the region as much as the winter ski season does.
Summers are warm and dry; winters are cold and wet with rain and snow.
Check today's weather in Bariloche.
- Patagonia Accommodations for the lake area
- Llao Llao Hotel & Resort, Golf - Spa
Things to Do and See:
- Water sports on the various lakes
- Lake Crossing to and from Chile - a must do!
- Ski at Cerro Catedral - 12 miles from town, with 32 lifts, 50 marked ski trails and over 5,000 acres of skiable terrain - sky trail map
- Trek, fish, raft, rock climb or laze on the shore
- Sightseeing and Tours, including horseback, rafting, hiking, camping and snow tours. Buen viaje!