Take a short trip out of Manhattan and save big on major brands at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets. It's a quick and easy journey by car or public transportation. Here's a mini-guide to making the most of your outing to the Woodbury Commons.
Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, also known as Woodbury Commons, is a bargain shopping mecca set just one hour north of New York City in Central Valley, New York. This retail complex includes more than 220 designer and name brand outlet stores. Top brands include Burberry, Coach, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, Polo Ralph Lauren, and many more.
How to Get There
Visiting Woodbury Commons from Manhattan is easy via car, bus, or train.
- By Car: Travel by car and you'll have plenty of room for packages. The outlets are located on Route 32 in Central Valley, NY. You can take the New York State Thruway (I-87) to Harriman, Exit 16. You can also take the George Washington Bridge (upper level) to Palisades Interstate Parkway (north) to Route 6 West (Exit 18, Central Valley). Exit onto Route 32 north (right turn at traffic light) and proceed to center entrance on right.
- By Bus: If you don't have your own car (and how many Manhattan residents do?), you can also take an outlet shopping day trip by bus from the Port Authority. Bus service providers include CitySights NY, Coach USA/Shortline, Comfort Bus, Eight Star Travel, Gray Line New York, Manhattan Transfer Tours, WoodburyBus.com, and the Woodbury Shuttle.
- By Train: Jump on a MetroNorth train to Harriman Station, which is just two miles from the outlets; it's a short taxi ride from there.
Sales at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
In general, shoppers can count on finding sales during the following holiday periods:
- Presidents' Day Weekend Sale: Enjoy big markdowns at your favorite outlet stores.
- Memorial Day Weekend Sale: Celebrate the beginning of summer by scoring some major deals.
- July 4th Summer Sale: Get extra discounts on top of everyday savings of 25% to 65% off.
- Labor Day Weekend Sale: Stock up on deals for back-to-school and the fall season.
- Columbus Day Sale: Spend your three-day weekend exploring the outlets.
- Thanksgiving Eve Sale: Some of the best deals of the year will be offered on Black Friday.
- Post-Thanksgiving Black Friday Weekend Sale: Continue your holiday bargain shopping throughout the Thanksgiving weekend.
- Post-Holidays Sale: Grab some post-holiday markdowns for the new year.
- Outlet Map and Directory of Stores From Adidas to Zales: Plan your shopping trip and make sure you hit all of your favorite stores. It would be a shame to get lost and waste valuable shopping time.
- Hours: Daily, from 9 am to 9 pm
- Website: Up to date information is always available on the website.
Edited by Elissa Garay.