Barcelona is graced with relatively mild winters—for Europe—and hot summers. November is considered a transitional month, so there can be days as warm as the high 60s F, with average monthly temperatures in the mid-60s. The weather tends to stay quite pleasant throughout the month, rarely hitting 68 F and usually not falling below 50 F until the end of the month, but large fluctuations in temperature are rare in Barcelona due to the city's proximity to the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
Because November is a transitional seasonal month, some rainfall is always possible so carry an umbrella.
Early November: Warm Days and Balmy Nights
You won't be sunbathing in Barcelona in November, but a daytime high of 64 to 68 F is very pleasant for sightseeing in late autumn in Europe. Temperatures hardly drop much lower at night, so you'll still experience some balmy evenings for terrace dining and evening strolls around this eminently walkable city.
- November 5 Averages: High: 60.8 F Low: 46.4 F
- November 5 Records: High: 77 F Low: 42.8 F
- November 5, 2016: High: 73.4 F Low: 59 F Light rain
- November 5, 2015: High: 68 F Low: 57.2 F Very light rain
- November 5, 2014: High: 64.4 F Low: 48.2 F No rain
Mid-November: A Bit Cooler
As the month rolls on, the weather in Barcelona doesn't change much. Temperate daytime temperatures that barely drop at night make November a good time to visit Barcelona when tourist season is pretty much over and inexpensive hotels and travel deals abound.
- November 15 Averages: High: 57.2 F Low: 44.6
- November 15 Records: High: 77 F Low: 41 F
- November 15, 2016 High: 60.8 F Low: 46.4 F No rain
- November 15, 2015 High: 68 F Low: 48.2 F No rain
- November 15, 2014 High: 66.2 F Low: 53.6 F No rain
Late November: Time to Pack a Sweater
Now is the time to break out sweaters and light jackets.Toward the end of the month, you'll still find some warm, sunny days, but temperatures begin to drop at night.
- November 25 Averages: High: 57.2 F Low: 42.8 F
- November 25 Records: High: 64.4 F Low: 35.6 F
- November 25, 2016: High: 59 F Low: 44.6 F No rain
- November 25, 2015: High: 60.8 F Low: 41 F No rain
- November 25, 2014: High: 59 F Low: 46.4 No rain
Things to Do in Barcelona in November
November 1 is Diada de Tots Sants (All Saints Day), a public holiday celebrated by the locals who bring flowers to their deceased friends and relatives in the cemeteries. Also on this day, families get together to feast on seasonal produce, such as chestnuts and sweet potatoes.
If you're in Barcelona anytime from the end of October to the end of November, check out the famous Barcelona Jazz Festival, with concerts throughout the month at various venues in the city and surrounding areas.
The last two weeks of November bring the beginning of holiday celebrations with the lighting of Christmas lights around the city and the setting up of the huge ice skating rink in Placa de Catalunya, the city's main plaza.