Planning on visiting Barcelona in June? You'd expect the weather to be good in Spain at this time of year, wouldn't you? But how good?
If you're planning your vacation months in advance, it's impossible to accurately predict what weather to expect. Most websites give you average temperatures, but the weather is rarely average: such stats don't give you a sense of the highs and lows that you might expect.
Below I've provided averages in addition to the record temperatures and the conditions in recent years in Barcelona. In this way you can see what the weather is 'normally' like but also what it has actually been like over the past few Junes.
What Weather to Prepare for in Barcelona in June
June is one of the warmest months in Barcelona, with the weather consistently pleasant. Temperatures tend to make a big jump just before the middle of the month. It is usually dry in Barcelona in June.
Which Has Better Weather in June: Madrid or Barcelona?
Barcelona has slightly cooler days than Madrid, but it is still nice and warm. At night time, Barcelona is a little warmer than Madrid. Both cities tend to be dry.
Can You Sunbathe in Barcelona in June?
Most certainly! Barcelona in June is prime for sunbathing with temperatures consistently in the 20s celsius (68°F to 86°F) throughout the month.
Barcelona in Early June: Average Temperatures and Recent Years' Weather
The weather in Barcelona in early June is excellent, invariably in the low to mid-20s celsius (70°F to 78°F) and cool but pleasant temperatures at night that stay in the mid- to high teens (57°F to 66°F).
Rain is possible but unlikely.
- June 5 Averages High: 24°C. Low: 17°C.
- June 5 Records High: 27°C. Low: 13°C.
- June 5, 2013 High: 23°C. Low: 14°C. Sunny/partly cloudy.
- June 5, 2012 High: 26°C. Low: 19°C. Sunny/scattered clouds.
- June 5, 2011 High: 21°C. Low: 14°C. Light drizzle.
Barcelona in Mid-June: Average Temperatures and Recent Years' Weather
By mid-June, Barcelona's weather has crept a few degrees higher, with temperatures over the past few years consistently hovering around 27°C (80°F) with nighttime temperatures around 18°C (64°F). It tends to be dry.
- June 15 Averages High: 25°C. Low: 18°C.
- June 15 Records High: 32°C. Low: 15°C.
- June 15, 2013 High: 27°C. Low: 19°C.
- June 15, 2012 High: 26°C. Low: 17°C.
- June 15, 2011 High: 27°C. Low: 19°C. Sunny/partly cloudy.
Barcelona in Late-June: Average Temperatures and Recent Years' Weather
Late June tends to see Barcelona's weather get even warmer, sometimes approaching 30°C (mid-80s Fahrenheit), at night rarely dropping below 18°C (64°F).
- June 25 Averages High: 26°C. Low: 19°C.
- June 25 Records High: 30°C. Low: 15°C.
- June 25, 2013 High: 23°C. Low: 18°C. Sunny/partly cloudy
- June 25, 2012 High: 30°C. Low: 22°C. Sunny
- June 25, 2011 High: 27°C. Low: 20°C. Sunny.
Source: Weather Underground Almanac