Balancing everyday family activities is difficult enough, so when it comes time to think of things to do with kids in Baltimore, parents often find themselves stumped. But if you take the time to look, there are plenty of kid-friendly museums and activities worth trying. The links below can help you sift through all the kid-friendly things to do throughout the city.
01 of 03
Museums Kids Love
Kids love these Baltimore-area museums so much they won't even realize they're learning, too!
- National Aquarium in Baltimore: An aquatic wonderland full of sea turtles, sharks, tropical fish, and more.
- Port Discovery Children's Museum: Just a few blocks from the Inner Harbor, this children's museum has a three-level jungle gym and tons of interactive exhibits.
- Maryland Science Center: Located in the Inner Harbor, this museum has science exhibits, an IMAX movie theater, and a planetarium.
- Historic Ships in Baltimore: Kids will love climbing aboard these four historic ships that are permanently docked in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
- American Visionary Art Museum: Kids will feel like they're in another world at this art museum full of bizzare, innovative art.
- Ripley's Believe It Or Not!: Kids will love discovering the more than 500 "oddities" at this museum, and there's also a mirror maze and 4-D movie theater.
02 of 03
Other Family Attractions in and Around Baltimore
In addition to museums, there are plenty of other family attractions in Baltimore.
- The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore: Set in Druid Hill Park, kids will love getting up-close-and-personal with polar bears, cheetahs, elephants, giraffes, and more.
- Inner Harbor Cruises and Boat Tours: Explore the Inner Harbor with your family aboard one of these ships, which range from a pirate ship to speed boats.
- Camden Yards: Create memories that last by taking your kid(s) out to the ballgame.
- Amusement Parks Near Baltimore: The five closest amusement parks to Baltimore.
- Day Trips from Baltimore: For those looking for a break from city life, these 12 trips take you and the family to quaint Chesapeake towns, historic battlefields, and national parks. There are plenty of other weekend getaways, too.
03 of 03
Seasonal Things to Do With Kids in Baltimore
No matter what the season, families can find fun things to do throughout Charm City. Let these seasonal guides spark some ideas for things to do with kids.
- Fall Family Fun in Baltimore: From petting zoos to pumpkin picking, these Baltimore-area farms have fall activities for both kids and adults.
- Winter Family Fun in Baltimore: Don't spend the winter months at home! Here are some fun-filled activities and ideas to get you and your family through the long winter months.
- Summer Camps in Baltimore: Once school lets out for summer, make sure the kids are busy by enrolling them in a Baltimore Parks and Recreation summer camp or one of the other popular summer camps in the area. Besides general day camps, there are also sports-, arts-, and science-themed camps for children with special interests, or those who are interested in preparing for future careers.