B Historic Savannah Hotel: Stylish, Delicious, Affordable
So Many Hotels in Savannah! How to Find One that's Affordable and Nice
The array of hotels in Georgia's historic jewel, Savannah, can feel bewildering. B Historic Savannah Hotel is an easy choice.
This welcoming, modern hotel has what luxury travelers want: a fantastic location in Savannah's historic district; rooms that are stylish and quiet; and an outstanding hotel restaurant and bar. And with all this, you still get great value.
• Check out B Historic Savannah's website and property photo tour
Luxury for Less at B Historic Savannah Hotel
One of the best reasons to choose B Historic Savannah Hotel: this hotel is fashionable yet remarkably affordable. It's a great value in a city destination not known for bargains.
B Savannah Hotel is nearly as nice as the town's handful of five-star hotels, yet much less expensive -- so you can spend your savings on Savannah restaurants and shopping.
• Check out B Historic Savannah Hotel's special rates. promotions, and deals
B Historic Savannah Hotel Has Real Boutique Hotel Flavor
This is a compact hotel, with 101 rooms and suites. With its small size, personal feeling, and stylish, contemporary rooms, it fits the definition of a stylish, independent-spirited hotel. If you feel lost in big, impersonal hotels, this is your place in Savannah.
B Historic Savannah Hotel's Ideal Location
The part of Savannah where visitors want to stay is the riverfront historic district, which looks and feels very much the way it did in the 1800s. B Historic Savannah Hotel is right here in the historic district.
Hotel guests at B Historic Savannah can walk everywhere in the historic district, which is only two square miles in size.
• You'll never be bored here. See the 11 best things to do in Savannah's historic district
Next: will you, yourself, like B Savannah Historic Hotel? Take the hotel personality quiz!
Will B Historic Savannah Hotel Be Your Best Choice in Town?
Will You Like Staying at B Historic Savannah Hotel?
The answer is probably yes if:
• When you're off on city vacations and getaways, you want a dead-center hotel that allows you to walk everywhere you want to go
• You don't always need five-star hotel luxury, and a friendly, good-looking hotel with large, quiet rooms will be deluxe enough this time
• You absolutely love being a mere elevator ride away from a hotel restaurant and bar that's one of the best in town
• You like hotels that are small enough to provide personal attention, but not so big that you feel overlooked or lost
• You prefer modern, uncluttered hotel rooms to traditional design
• You always like relaxing in your hotel lobby and maybe meeting other guests (B Savannah offers several lounge areas both inside and outside)
• You need a hotel with a gym and a year-round pool (you'll find both here)
• You trust TripAdvisor ratings (almost 90% of B Historic Savannah reviews are Excellent or Very Good)
The answer is probably no, B Historic Savannah Hotel may not be ideal for you, if:
• You’re looking for an ultra-luxury five-star hotel with evening turndown service and butlers on call
• You love a hotel with spa-like guest bathrooms featuring both a walk-in shower and a soaking tub (these bathrooms are on the basic side)
• You're traveling with kids and seek a big hotel with kids' activities, pool, etc. (B Historic Savannah welcomes families, but does not offer programs dedicated to children)
• You're visiting Savannah with your dog (this hotel does not observe a pet-friendly hotel policy, and only service animals are permitted)
• You like hotels with old-fashioned plush décor and gold-framed paintings
• You need a hotel with an on-property spa
Is this hotel looking like your style? Next, find out about B Historic Savannah Hotel rooms
Rooms and Suites at B Historic Savannah Hotel
Style of B Historic Savannah Hotel
B Historic Savannah has 101 rooms and suites on five floors.
• They're well-configured and quiet
• They feel up-to-the-minute and fashionable, with a soothing silver-gray palette
• See B Historic Savannah's rooms and suites
What All Rooms at B Historic Savannah Have in Common
Rooms are intelligently planned and furnished. You'll have what you need:
• Ample closet, and drawer, and shef space for your belongings and luggage
• A lounge chair, desk with power strip, ergonomic chair
• Wall-mounted flatscreen TV
• A wonderfully comfy "B Blissful" bed with soft sheets and not-too-big pillows
• Bathrooms that get the job done, with a nothing-fancy combo tub-shower, single sink, plenty of shelf space and towels
• Cotton bathrobe
• Nespresso coffeemaker
• Clock-radio with an iPod/phone jack
• In-room safe
• Complimentary access to the hotel gym
• Plus the most-wanted hotel amenity: free wifi in your room and everywhere at the hotel
• Bottled water is not provided, but Savannah tap water is tasty
Fitness and Pool at B Historic Savannah Hotel
The hotel gym is accessible free of charge to guests at all times.
• It offers cardiovascular machines, free weights, floor equipment, and more
• Guests can enjoy an indoor, kind-to-your-skin saltwater pool
Next: B Historic Hotel Savannah's Kitchen 320 served modern Southern food
Coming to Savannah to Eat and Drink? B Historic Savannah Hotel Is Delicious
An Outstanding Restaurant and Bar at B Historic Savannah Hotel
Savannah is an American culinary destination of national renown. In this popular getaway town, you'll find Southern cooking at its best.
• You'll fine plenty of traditional comfort food like fried chicken with biscuits and gravy (one popular spot is Paula Deen's restaurant)
• And you'll also find modern farm-to-table (and ocean-to-table) Southern cuisine
B Historic Savannah's Kitchen 320: The Height of "Low Country" Southern Cuisine
B Historic Savannah Hotel houses one of the most talked-about restaurants in Savannah, Kitchen 320. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, weekend brunch, and wonderful cocktails at the bar.
Restaurant 320 Chef Will Herrington Is One of Savannah's Rising Stars
Restaurant 320's executive chef, Will Herrington, was raised nearby on the Southeast coast's "low country." Today he is a leader in the local movement to modernize and lighten up Southern food. Whatever labels you put on Chef Will's food, one thing's for sure: it's beautiful to look at and bursting with flavor.
“Cooking low country and Southern cuisine using farm-focused ingredients is a great inspiration to me,” says Chef Will. “Kitchen 320's menu was created to offer nostalgic staples with a modern twist." This means classic yet updated dishes like:
• Blue Crab Crabcake with Grits and Lardons (Bacon)
• Tasso Ham "Hoppin' John", a traditional rice dish with chicken and pork
• Leopold's Ice Cream 'Sundae (a legacy Savannah business) with ginger and local honey
Contemporary Cocktail Culture at B Historic Savannah's Kitchen 320
Set within Kitchen 320's lobby-level space, the bar of B Historic Savannah Hotel offers relaxed seating and top-notch libations. Kitchen 320's drinks are never dull. And they're strong.
These drinks are modern interpretations of classic cocktails such as the Manhattan or Old Fashioned. They're made with only fresh ingredients (nothing powdered, pre-packaged, or with a chemical aftertaste). And whatever you order will have a lively flavor twist.
• A tasty example: the house's Bloody Mary, from the "day drinking" menu. It's made of carefully house-mixed Bloody Mary base. It arrives festooned with candied bacon. It's at least double-sized yet only $10. Heaven!
Here's a Virtual Taste of Kitchen 320 at B Historic Savannah Hotel
Up next: how to connect with and follow B Historic Savannah Hotel
Find Out More About B Historic Savannah Hotel
Connect With and Follow B Historic Savannah Hotel in Savannah, Georgia
• B Historic Hotel website
• Phone 866.755.2622
• On Facebook
• On Twitter (@BHistoricSav)
• On Instagram (BHistoricSavannah)
• Photos on Pinterest (BHistoric)
• The hotel's frugal deals and packages
• Great tourism info at Visit Savannah
• B Historic Savannah Hotel
320 Montgomery St.
Savannah, GA 31401
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was hosted by the hotel for the purpose of describing it. For details, see our site's Ethics Policy.