Mumbai loves beer, and the quantity consumed is growing every year. However, due to high taxes imposed, Mumbai is one of the most expensive cities to have a drink in India. You can easily end up paying five times the usual retail price for a beer at a bar. Here's a look at some of Mumbai's most well known bars, from cheap to costly, and how much you can expect to fork out for a drink.
AddressMetro House, 5A, Shahid Bhagat Singh Rd, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400039, India
Phone+91 22 2202 0591
If you're looking for a relatively cheap drink in a lively environment, Cafe Mondegar is the place. This conveniently located south Mumbai hangout also has jukebox and a wide variety of western food, for those who need a break from Indian cuisine. Not surprisingly it's one of Mumbai's most popular hangout bars.
- Price of a Drink: Mug of domestic tap beer, 220 rupees. Pitcher of Kingfisher beer, 880 rupees. Imported beer, 480 rupees a pint. Wine, from 850 rupees per bottle. All prices include tax.
- Address: Corner of Colaba Causeway, next to the Regal Cinema, Colaba.
Address24, B K Boman Behram Marg, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
Phone+91 75063 94239
Another top hangout spot, the Colaba Social offers beer that's a step-up from the ubiquitous Kingfisher plus some interesting cocktails, all without being too expensive. It's a collaborative work space by day and high-energy bar by night. In addition to the Colaba outlet, you'll also find Social bars in Lower Parel and Khar.
- Price of a Drink: Imported beers, 525-545 rupees. Bottled domestic beers, 115-275 rupees. Craft beers, 345 rupees. Wine, from 200 rupees per glass/950 rupees a bottle. Cocktails, 295-650 rupees. Shots, 150-475 rupees. Taxes are extra.
- Address: 24 Glen Rose Building, B.K.Boman Behram Marg, behind the Taj Hotel, Apollo Bunder, Colaba.
Address2nd floor, Kenilworth Arcade, Linking Road, Opposite Croma Next To KFC, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050, India
Phone+91 22 2605 5050
Jungle-themed Bonobo is one of the hippest bars in the suburbs. It's an arty, friendly place that has a refreshing absence of any self-important attitude. Thursday is Old School Bar night, with cheap drinks all night, and it's party time on Friday and Saturday!
- Price of a Drink: Imported beers, 494 rupees. Bottled domestic beers, 216 rupees. Tap beers, 260-520 rupees. Cocktails, 442-494 rupees. Cocktail pitchers, 1,559 rupees. Shots, 216-719 rupees. Taxes are extra. The bonus: there are happy hours from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m., offering buy one get one free.
- Address: Behind KFC, on Linking Road, Bandra West.
AddressIndia, Maharashtra, Mumbai, Churchgate, Marine Dr, Plot No. 135邮政编码: 400020
Phone+91 22 3987 9999
One of Mumbai's most unforgettable bars, Dome bar at the luxury InterContinental Hotel on Marine Drive is an outstanding place for a sunset drink. However, the drinks are unfortunately super expensive! Sadly, there are no happy hours either. You'll really be paying for the view.
- Price of a Drink: Domestic beers, 450 rupees. Imported beers, 600 rupees. Cocktails, 950-1,250 rupees. Taxes are extra.
- Address: Level 11, InterContinental Hotel, 135 Marine Drive, Mumbai.
Address1/136, 34th Floor, Dr E Moses Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Upper Worli, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400018, India
Phone+91 22 2481 8444
Aer is an alternative upscale bar to enjoy mesmerizing sunset views with a drink, where happy hour discounts are offered from 5.30 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily. You can save 50% on cocktails and champagne (which makes it a bit more affordable). Its rooftop location on the 34th floor of the Four Seasons Hotel provides a panoramic vista of the city.
- Price of a Drink: Domestic beers, 400 rupees. Imported beers, 700-900 rupees. Cocktails, 1,300-2,000 rupees. Wine (imported), from 900 rupees per glass. Champagne, from 1,700 rupees per glass. Taxes are extra.
- Address: 114 Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli, Mumbai.