August is prime time for NYC street fairs, with 15 scheduled in Manhattan alone. Every weekend this month sees street fair options crop up across the city, where you can revel in the warm weather, and take to the pedestrianized streets in search of food stands, bargain shopping, chair massages, live entertainment, people-watching, and more.
Below, find the schedule of Manhattan street fairs for August 2016. Note that most street fairs run between 10am and 6pm, though some start later and/or finish earlier:
- August 5, 2016 (Sunday): Maiden Lane Summer Expo; on Maiden La. btwn Water & South sts.
- August 6, 2016 (Saturday): Times Square West Spectacular; on 8th Ave. btwn 42nd & 54th sts.
- August 7, 2016 (Sunday): Lexington Avenue Summerfest; on Lexington Ave. btwn 42nd & 57th sts.
- August 13, 2016 (Saturday): Theatre District Summer Fair; on 46th St. btwn 8th & 9th aves.
- August 13, 2016 (Saturday): Waverly Place/Washington Square Fair; Waverly Pl. btwn Macdougal & 5th Ave.
- August 14, 2016 (Sunday): Amsterdam Avenue Fair; on Amsterdam Ave. btwn 79th & 86th sts.
- August 15, 2016 (Sunday): World Trade Center Block Party; on Liberty St. btwn Broadway & Trinity Pl.
- August 20, 2016 (Saturday): The Great Irish Festival; on 6th Ave. btwn 42nd & 56th sts.
- August 20, 2016 (Saturday): West 4th Street Festival; on W. 4th St. btn 6th Ave. & Macdougal St.
- August 21, 2016 (Sunday): N.Y.C Tourist Day; on 50th St. btwn 6th & 7th aves.
- August 21, 2016 (Sunday): 60th Street Festival; on 60th St. btwn 5th & Madison aves.
- August 26, 2016 (Friday): Grand Central Food Fair; on 41st St. btwn 3rd & Lexington aves.
- August 27, 2016 (Saturday): Eighth Avenue Festival; on 8th Ave. btwn 42nd & 57th sts.
- August 27, 2016 (Saturday): Astor Place Festival; on Astor Pl. btwn Lafyette St. & Broadway
- August 28, 2016 (Sunday): Midtown West Block Party; on 52nd St. btwn 6th & 7th aves.
Looking ahead to more 2016 street fairs in Manhattan? Check out the street fair schedules for September and October.
Note that this information was accurate at time of publication; street fairs might be cancelled or rescheduled for inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Did I miss one? Please let me know about any and all street fairs for August and beyond on About.com Manhattan's Facebook page.