It’s no secret that Atlanta is a booming business town. Ranked by Penske Truck Rental as the No. 1 spot on its list of the Top 10 Destinations for American Movers, Atlanta’s dynamic location, world-class talent pool and thriving business community are drawing workers from all over the country. Maybe it’s for its impressive shopping scene, award-winning cuisine or an endless list of activities to do, but perhaps the biggest attraction is the job opportunities here.
As one of the nation’s cities with the most Fortune 500 companies, Atlanta is rapidly expanding its job sector. It can be tough trying to narrow down your search, especially when there are so many opportunities. For your ease, we’ve compiled a guide to the best places to work in Atlanta. Whether you’re new to the city and looking for work or just looking for something different, Atlanta has dozens of incredible companies to work for. Take a look:
Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Top Companies to Work For
Each year the Atlanta Business Chronicle teams up with Workplace Dynamics to survey and determine the best companies to work for in Atlanta. After sorting through nearly 300 companies and more than 60,000 employee-completed surveys, they determined a list of the top 100 companies, organized by size: five large companies (500 or more employees), 35 mid-sized companies (150 to 499 employees) and 60 small companies (149 or fewer employees).
Here are the top five in each category:
1. Woodward Academy: This private school near Atlanta serves more than 2,700 kids in pre-k through 12th grade. Woodward Academy is a college-prep school with two campuses.
2. Alston & Bird LLP: This is a law firm with expertise in various different areas, such as health care, finances, and tax. It’s based in Atlanta and its high-rise building is a distinguishing landmark in the city’s skyline.
3. Resurgens Orthopaedics: Resurgens is an orthopedic medical clinic with 21 different locations in the Atlanta area. It’s been named a top workplace in Atlanta for seven years in a row.
4. SAP America Inc.: SAP Software Solutions specializes in technology, software, and business applications. SAP has won many other awards for its workplace, including Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Diversity, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work Employees’ Choice Award, Highest Paying Companies, Highest Rated CEOs and Forbes US Best Employees multiple years.
5. InterContinental Hotels Group: This is a global organization with a broad portfolio of hotels. InterContinental is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has more than 5,000 hotels in almost 100 countries.
1. Automationdirect.com: This industrial automation company was founded in 1994 with a catalog. It now sells online and via phone. It started with 200 products and now sells tens of thousands of brand name and private label products.
2. Dorsey Alston, Realtors: This luxury real estate company was founded in 1947 in Atlanta. It represents properties in Atlanta, Buckhead, Marietta, Roswell and other communities. Dorsey Alston is also active in the community and with philanthropy.
3. Cobb Pediatric Therapy Services: Cobb was founded in 1989. Today, it’s a team of physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy recruiters. Its mission: to connect speech, occupational and physical therapists and school psychologists with schools to help children with special needs.
4. CBC National Bank: CBC National Bank opened in Alpharetta in 1999. This team of mortgage banking professionals runs a processing center. They’re also active in the community. This bank is a VA and FHA lender.
5. Wesleyan School Inc.: This is a college-prep K-12 school about 20 miles north of Atlanta in Peachtree Corners. Wesleyan, founded in 1963, is guided by Christian beliefs and principles.
1. Supreme Lending - Southeast Region: This residential mortgage broker has won the best workplace honor multiple times. The region includes nine branches in Georgia, Florida and North Carolina. Supreme Lending, the national mortgage lender, has about 100 branches across the country.
2. SEI-Atlanta, LLC: SEI is a consulting firm founded on four values: excellence, participation, integrity, and collaboration. Since forming in 1992, it now has more than 250 consultants in eight offices across the country. The Atlanta branch is also highly active in the community.
3. Terminus: This is a business-to-business, account-based marketing platform run by professional “Terminators” in Atlanta. It was named the start-up of the year in 2016. It claims to be the first platform of its kind used to target companies and decision-makers.
4. Insight Sourcing Group: Insight claims to be the biggest boutique consulting firm in North America focused on “strategic sourcing” and procurement. Inc. Magazine named it one of the fastest-growing, private companies in America every year since 2008, and Bault named it the top boutique consulting firm to work for in the nation in 2016.
5. MemberClicks: This Atlanta company provides software solutions to simplify the technology needs of small businesses. It serves more than 1,600 organizations in North America and claims to be the first company devoted solely to small staffs.