Atlanta is a dynamic city with many interesting attractions, museums and entertainment venues. Several Atlanta city tours offer various ways to explore the city, each focusing on unique aspects of Atlanta's history, culture, and cityscape. From walking tours to riding tours, including tours by bicycle, bus, Segway, and helicopter, here are several Atlanta city tours to enjoy.
Walking Tours of Atlanta
Several regularly scheduled guided walking tours offer fun ways to explore Atlanta's historic neighborhoods, architecture, resident ghosts, the diverse culinary scene and more. With so many months of the year offering comfortable weather for walking, a guided or self-guided walking tour is one of the best ways to learn about Atlanta up close. For more information, see our round up of featured Atlanta Walking Tours.
Guided Tours of Atlanta by Minibus, Minivan or Town Car
The American Sightseeing Company - Trained guides conduct daily tours of Atlanta highlights via climate controlled minibusses, including a history tour and a tour to Stone Mountain Park, including stops and time to explore a selection of attractions during both tours. In addition, the company offers customized driving tours via company cars or minivans depending on the number of people in your party. To learn more about the daily and customized tours, visit the American Sightseeing Company or call 404-233-9140 or from outside of Atlanta 800-572-3050.
Atlanta City Segway Tours
On a nice day, a Segway tour is a fun way to learn about several of Atlanta's popular downtown and midtown tourist areas including Centennial Olympic Park and several popular nearby attractions. The daytime tour lasts about three hours. A seasonal two-hour evening tour explores the spooky side of downtown Atlanta by Segway, complete with chilling local anecdotes and legends.
All tour participants much be 12 years of age or older and weigh at least 100 pounds. (Also note that pregnant women are not permitted to participate.).
Bicycle Tours of Atlanta
This three-hour Heart of the City Tour explores some of Atlanta's lovely and historic neighborhoods and parks throughout about 10 miles of downtown and midtown Atlanta. Along the way, the tour offers interesting views of the city and stops along the way to learn about Atlanta's history, architecture and more. A Progressive Dinner Bicycle Tour is also listed on the website.
In addition to scheduled tours, Bicycle Tours of Atlanta provides custom tours, as well as private and corporate outings. For details, visit the Bicycle Tours of Atlanta website or call 404-273-2558.
Helicopter Tours of Atlanta
For a special treat or to celebrate a special occasion, enjoy a bird's-eye view of Atlanta and surrounding areas via a helicopter tour:
- North Atlanta Executive Air Service - In addition to a variety of other helicopter services, this company offers several helicopter tours including tours to see Downtown Atlanta and Buckhead, Lake Lanier, Château Élan, Stone Mountain Park, Amicalola Falls and more.
- Air Atlanta Helicopters - Among its many services, this company offers helicopter tours, including short tours as quick as five to ten minutes and longer tour options including tours to see Buckhead, Downtown Atlanta, the Chattahoochee River, Château Élan, Lake Lanier, Stone Mountain Park, Decatur and more.
More Atlanta Tours and Attractions
In addition to these guided city tours, many of Atlanta's top attractions offer guided and self-guided tours. For more Atlanta sightseeing ideas, see:
- Top Atlanta Attractions - Information about Atlanta's unique attractions including the popular CNN Tour, the Georgia Aquarium which offers special tours, Margaret Mitchell House and Museum tours and more
- Atlanta with Kids - Top fun things to do when visiting with kids including the Center for Puppetry Arts, Zoo Atlanta, and many other family friendly attractions
- Atlanta City Pass (Shop Direct) - Well worth considering for savings on admission fees if you are planning to visit several Atlanta attractions