- Ashley Niedringhaus is an ASME-nominated journalist and author who specializes in crafting bespoke city guides for luxury brands, including Travel+Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, Elite Traveler, St. Regis Hotels, Conrad Hotels, and Travel+Leisure Southeast Asia.
- Her Frommer’s guide to Thailand was published in early 2019, and she has also edited Michelin Guides and food-focused guidebooks.
- Ashley has lived and worked in New York City, Paris, Ahmedabad, India, Bangkok, and Copenhagen.
After covering home décor and crafting gift guides for several years on staff at Real Simple and Redbook magazine, Ashley left New York City for Bangkok in 2014. During her five years in Bangkok, she wore many hats, including covering Bangkok for Travel+Leisure as their Bangkok expert, street food tour guide, writer for Lonely Planet, and a voting member for The World’s 50 Best restaurants. Ashley spent 2018 to 2020 in Copenhagen before returning to New York City.
Ashley graduated from Marquette University in Milwaukee with a degree in Journalism and International Affairs. While in college, Ashley covered national politics, interviewed then-Senator Barack Obama, and won a regional Emmy for her work covering the political scene from a young voters’ perspective.
Awards and Publications
- Co-authored Real Simple’s Solutions section, including the New Uses for Old Things column, which was a finalist for the 2011 Best Section ASME award.
- National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Outstanding Achievement within a Regularly Scheduled News Program for coverage of the 2008 presidential election.
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.