The Arlington County Fair is a summer family event complete with carnival rides, live animal shows, musical entertainment, arts and craft exhibits, and a variety of international foods. Local crafters will display items such as needlework & apparel, dolls, photography, creative writing, flowers arrangements and ceramics. On Saturday, there will be a parade to the fair, starting at 10 a.m. outside the Arlington Career Center, proceeding along S.
Highland to 2nd St. S., and finishing at the fairground. New this year, ou’ll have even more culinary delights to choose from, with an expanded array of food trucks. There will also be a Photo of the Day Contest and a “Find the Disco Ball” contest (a tribute to the Fair’s 1977 birth), with prizes for the winners. Admission to the fair is free.
Dates and Times: August 16-20, 2017
Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 5-10 p.m. (outdoor only)
Thursday, August 17, 2017, 5-10 p.m. (outdoor only)
Friday, August 18, 2017, 2-10 p.m. (outdoor); 4-10 p.m. (indoor)
Saturday, August 19, 2017, 10 a.m.-11 p.m .(outdoor); 10 a.m.-9 p.m. (indoor)
Sunday, August 20, 2017, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. (outdoor); 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (indoor)
Getting to the Fair
Location: Thomas Jefferson Community Center, 3501 South Second Street. Arlington, VA.
Parking: There is no public parking at the Fair and parking on nearby streets is restricted to neighborhood residents with temporary permits.
The community center parking lot will be used for fair vendors and exhibitors only. Shuttles will run continuously from the Ballston and Pentagon City Metro station, and from the the I-66 parking garage and Arlington Career Center lot for $2 round-trip. Children under 12 may ride for free. Bike Arlington and partner Two Wheel Valet have teamed up to provide free valet bike parking on the tennis courts.
- Harlem Wizards
- Air-conditioned Indoor Exhibitor Hall and Entertainment: interactive aquarium area, indoor community entertainment, arts/crafts, jewelry, competitive exhibits, community and commercial exhibitors
- Racing piglets
- Outdoor fun begins with the 5 p.m. ribbon-cutting on Wednesday in front of the Thomas Jefferson Community Center. There will be pony rides, True Health Kids Obstacle Course and animal races. The following days will feature free musical performances, Harlem Wizards, dancers, exhibitions and more.
- Kids’ Court: inflatables, face painting, and Monster Mural
- Cole Amusement Midway Kiddie/Thrill Rides and Games and Pony Rides. The ride lineup includes Catch N Air, Cliff Hanger, Rainforest Expo Wheel, Funnel Force, Hurricane, Super Shot, Tilt A Whirl, Zipper, Money Maze, Dizzy Dragons, Go Gator, Jolly Choo Choo, Jungle Crawl, Magic Carpet Slide, Skipper the Dolphin, Willie the Whale and more.
- 5K run/walk on Saturday at 8 a.m.
U.S. Army Color Guard, Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, Arlington Combined Honor Guard, Arlington County Officials, Arlington County Fire Department, The Arlington Players, Audi Arlington, BikeArlington/WalkArlington/Arlington PALS, Civic Association, Fraternidad Cultural Pachamama, Girl Scouts Association 60-3, GO BANANAS Dancing LLC, The Merit School, Mothers of North Arlington, Sultanas Troupe and more.
Official Website: www.arlingtoncountyfair.us
A variety of community fairs are held throughout the summer in the Washington DC area. See a guide to Maryland and Virginia County Fairs.