If you are planning a Hilton stay and are short on points, learning how to convert your Amex points into HHonors can be a useful tool. Learn how to make the easy switch with this handy tutorial.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Log on to your American Express account
- Go to "Membership Rewards."
- Click on "Use Points/Travel"
- Browse by hotel and hit the "Hilton HHonors" tab
- Click on the "Transfer Points" tab (clearly labeled). Enter the number of HHonors points you need (must transfer in increments of 1,300).
- The points equivalent will be converted and displayed to you - if you agree to the terms, click on the "I have read the restrictions" statement and hit "Transfer this Amount."
- From the shopping cart page displayed next, hit "Proceed to Checkout"
- Enter your Amex ID number (the four digit number on the front of your card above the account number).
- Enter your Hilton HHonors number on the next page and hit "Continue" when done.
- Enter your contact information.
- You'll be taken to a verify screen for final approval. Done!
- Don't expect immediate results - allow for 48 hours for transfer to be complete.
- Know that you will need 1,000 Amex points for every 1,300 HHonors points.
What You Need:
- American Express Card
- Hilton HHonors Account Number