Whether there's a problem with your reservation, you need to check a flight status, or even buy a new airline ticket, the representatives at American Airlines Customer Service are there to assist. Reachable by phone or online, customer care providers are the resource for travelers needing last-minute changes to their itinerary, use miles, and even get recommendations on cars, hotels, and activities.
Getting the Most From Your Customer Service Call
Keep in mind that when it comes to customer service, persistence pays off. Remember to always be reasonable and calm on the phone with customer service representatives. It often doesn't help to quarrel with them; instead, calmly state your problem, and tell the rep how you would like them to address or correct it.
If you get stuck in the automated voice system, always remember that pressing zero or saying "representative" will generally result in being connected to a human. However, do try to answer the automated questions (eg. "Do you need assistance with an existing reservation?") as these questions help narrow down the type of customer service provider that answers the call.
To expedite the call, have your confirmation number and purchasing credit card handy if you're calling about an existing reservation or if calling to book a new reservation, rental car, or hotel your budget and travel dates.
General Passenger Customer Service
American Airlines offers a number of specific helplines to provide assistance where their customers need it most: Flights and Reservations, Online Assistance, AAdvantage Membership Services, AA Credit Card Assistance, Refunds, Baggage Tracking, and General Assistance.
You also can access current gate and time information for your flight on the American Airlines Flight Status webpage.
These available helplines for American Airlines Customer Service are for general passengers:
- 24-hour Customer Service General Helpline: 1-800-349-3244
- Flight and Reservation Numbers: 1-800-433-7300
- AA.com and Login Assistance: 1-800-222-2377
- American Airlines Credit Card: 1-800-733-2654
- Refunds on Issued Tickets: 1-918-254-3777
- Rental Cars, Hotels, and Activities: 1-800-960-7163
- Baggage Tracking: 1-800-535-5225
AAdvantage Rewards Program
For members of American Airlines' membership rewards program, AAdvantage, there are exclusive helplines available to assist with your travel needs:
- AAdvantage Customer Service: 1-800-882-8880
- AAdvantage Gold Service Desk: 1-800-848-4653
- AAdvantage Platinum Service Desk: 1-800-843-3000
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum Service Desk: 1-800-843-6200
- AAdvantage Award Travel: 1-800-882-8880
- AAdvantage Admirals Club: 1-800-237-7971
Foreign Language and Hearing- or Speech-Impaired Assistance
Flights and reservation customer assistance is also available in a few other languages and for the hearing and speech impaired:
- Spanish: 1-800-633-3711
- Japanese: 1-800-237-0027
- Mandarin Chinese: 1-800-492-8095
- Hearing & Speech Impaired: 1-800-543-1586