Situated in Downtown Miami adjacent to Biscayne Bay, the American Airlines Arena is an all-purpose venue renown for being home of the American professional basketball team Miami Heat. The American Airlines Arena not only boasts a picturesque waterfront setting, it’s also a major international attraction that has been providing residents and visitors of Miami, Florida a multitude of entertainment options since its grand opening on December 31, 1999.
Events at American Airlines Arena
From watching a musical concert, to cheering on some of your favorite NBA franchises that come through town to face the Miami Heat, there are a variety of events that are scheduled at the American Airlines Arena, also known as South Florida’s Waterfront Showplace. Featuring 19,600 seats and only the most modern sound and lighting equipment around, the American Airlines Arena is ranked as one of the top entertainment attractions in the nation and has welcomed a vast array of popular touring artists. In addition to music and sporting events, it’s also not uncommon to see some of the following events appear on the Arena’s entertainment calendar: Disney On Ice, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, WWE, The Wiggles, Sesame Street, and Yo Gabba Gabba.
Booking the Arena
Depending upon availability, the American Airlines Arena can be booked for a variety of special events.
Here are some event locations found within the Arena:
- Arena Floor - Only available on non-game/event days, the Arena Floor is a popular destination for hosting everything from large banquets and team building exercises, to private concerts and sporting events.
- Dewar’s Clubhouse - If you are seeking a private sports bar with a backstage atmosphere to entertain your guests at, then this private room has an abundance of comfortable amenities including a dance floor.
- Private Suites - Complete with private catering and bar service, the party suites provide a retreat for entertaining guests in a social setting all while offering a spectacular view of the respective event.
- East & South Plazas - The Plazas provide a wonderful outdoor party option for groups of all sizes.
- Flagship Lounges - Featuring formal dining and lounge areas, these clubs are ideal for conducting meetings and private parties on non-event days.
- HYDE American Airlines Arena/ Night Club - Located on the event level of American Airlines Arena, special gatherings can be held in this private nightclub that showcases posh decor and intimate table arrangements.
Hours & Ticket Information
Event tickets can purchased by phone, online, or at the American Airlines Arena ticket office. The on-site ticket office observes the following business hours:
- Monday-Friday 10:00AM to 5:00PM
Located in Downtown Miami, Florida at 601 Biscayne Boulevard, the American Airlines Arena is easily accessible via public transportation and offers limited parking options within a convenient walking distance. Here are some other area attractions:
- Art Deco District
- Museum Park
Doors are typically open to the public one hour prior to the scheduled event time. Although some smaller tablet computers are permitted, laptops are not allowed inside of the Arena. Children under the age of two years do not require a ticket for Miami Heat home games.