Barclays Center is snack city.
Some people might come to Barclays Center just for the Brooklyn style food! The venue has over three dozen Brooklyn brand name foods, including classics and gourmet, from hot dogs to brisket to cheesecake and Tex-Mex classics.
Pretty Great Food for an Arena: What's to Eat at Barclays Center?
Check out this variety:
- Brooklyn classics: You can nosh on such beloved Brooklyn classics as Junior's cheesecakes (the original Junior's store is within a half-mile walk of the stadium) Nathan’s Famous hot dogs and L&B Spumoni Gardens ices.
- New Bklyn Foodie Tastes: A newer generation of Brooklyn food is represented by delicious, retro-packaged McClure’s Pickles, delectable Brooklyn Cupcake, and divine Tex-Mex stuff from the food truck geniuses Calexico.
- Gourmet Style: You can also shell out for fresh Maine lobster rolls from Brooklyn's own Red Hook Lobster Pound, sold for under $20. Carnivores can enjoy gourmet brisket, that is, "Brooklyn Bangers" brisket hot dogs, cooked up by Michelin-rated chef Saul Bolton or, alternatively, BBQ brisket or pork from the acclaimed Williamsburg haunt Fatty ’Cue.
Yes, you can also find gluten-free and kosher foods. Hey, this is Brooklyn. It's diverse.
Don't Get Thirsty! You Can Only Buy Smaller Sized Soft Drinks
Camels wouldn't care, but some sports fan who get hoarse from screaming might.
NYC Mayor Bloomberg's obesity-fighting prohibition on the sale of over-sized sodas is in effect at concessions at Barclays Center, so you won't be able to purchase a sugary, fattening soft drink larger than the 16-ounce size from a stand. Larger sizes of bottled water are available.
However, at sports events, mobile marketers ("hawkers") can sell diet sodas in 20-ounce bottles of soda — but only diet soda.
A Birds-Eye View: Which Food Stalls & Vendors Are Where at Barclays Center?
Over three dozen local vendors sell their foods at Barclays Center. The whole operation is overseen by Levy Restaurants, the food operator for the USOpen and other sports and entertainment venues.
Ticketmaster Main Concourse
- Brooklyn Burger (Sec 03, Sec 29)
- Calexico (Sec 03)
- Avenue K Deli (Sec 06)
- Fatty Cue BBQ (Sec 07)
- Brooklyn Bangers & Dogs (Sec 08)
- Paisano's Meat Market (Sec 10)
- Verrazzano (Sec 15)
- Bed-Stuy Grill (Sec 17)
- Buffalo Boss (Sec 22)
- Nathan’s (Sec 24 )
- Habana (Sec 25)
- Junior's, Blue Marble & More (Sec 26)
- Fresco's by Scotto (Sec 29)
- Brooklyn Burger
Barclays Suite Level
- Fort Green Grill (North Side)
- Clinton Hill Burgers (North Side)
- Park Slope Burgers (North Side)
- Williamsburg Grill (North Side)
Metro PCS Upper Pavilion
- L&B Spumoni Gardens (Sec 206/207) Sec 225/226)
- Nathan’s (Sec 206/207)
- Habana Outpost (Sec 209/210)
- Brooklyn Burger (Sec 209/210)
- Prospect Height’s Grill (Sec 222/223)
- Fatty Cue BBQ (Sec 222/223)
- Brooklyn Bangers & Dogs (Sec 225/226)
No outside food or beverage is allowed in the stadium.
For Those Eating Outside Barclays Center
But, of course, nothing's stopping you from eating before or after a Barclays Center show, in a \. And Brooklyn's full of bars and restaurants, quite a few within shouting distance of Barclays Center. Check out faves in Fort Greene, Prospect Heights, Atlantic Avenue and Flatbush Avenue, and even Park Slope and Carroll Gardens.