Disney World's Downtown Disney district has undergone an extreme makeover and now has a new name.
The multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney created a new area called Disney Springs, a destination that offers significantly more shopping, dining and entertainment amid open-air promenades, meandering springs and waterfront charm. The entire project was completed in 2016.
Disney Springs doubled the number of shops, restaurants and other venues for guests to explore, resulting in more than 150 establishments.
Drawing inspiration from Florida’s waterfront towns and natural surroundings, Disney Springs will include four outdoor neighborhoods interconnected by a flowing spring and buzzy lakefront area.
The Landing (formerly Pleasure Island) is a colorful commercial district with inspired dining and beautiful waterfront views. Restaurants and shops include:
- Morimoto Asia, a Japanese restaurant from celebrity chef Masaharu Morimoto
- STK Steakhouse, a modern steakhouse
- The BOATHOUSE, a concept dining experience that combines gourmet dining with live music and guided Amphicar rides that launch from land, enter the water, and take guests on a 20-minute tour of Disney Springs landmarks
The Art of Shaving offers premium grooming essentials for men. There is also a team of shaving specialists on hand to offer grooming advice. Appointments for a haircut or shave are suggested.
Apex by Sunglass Hut is designed with the athlete, sports and outdoor enthusiast in mind
Chapel Hats specializes in fashionable hats and headwear for all ages, including fedoras, sun hats, floppy hats, kid’s hats and more
Sanuk sells creative footwear designed with non-traditional materials like yoga-mats.
Havaianas, offering “Make Your Own Havaianas” and “Embellish Your Own Havaianas,” features a large assortment of Havaianas sandals for men, women, and kids, as well as kids’ rain boots.
Sound Lion offers the latest in headphones, earbuds, speakers, and other digital sound products
Erin Mckenna’s Bakery NYC offers the same vegan, gluten-free menu as its sister bakeries in New York City and Los Angeles
The Marketplace is a family-friendly hub that delights guests of all ages by combining new experiences with classic Disney favorites, including an expanded World of Disney store.
- Marketplace Boat Dock provides easy access to the West Side and The Landing via a complimentary water taxi
- B.B. Wolf's Sausage Co. is perfect for a snack, offering gourmet sausage with tasty toppings.
- Aristocrepes offers a yummy array of sweet and savory crepe wraps to go.
- Frontera Cocina is a Mexican eatery by celebrity chef Rick Bayless.
- Inspiration Park, located between the Lego Store and T-REX, provides places to sit and enjoy the view out onto the Village Lake
- Saratoga Bridge offers a pedestrian connection between Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney Springs
The Village Causeway is a bridge linking the area near The LEGO Store across the water to Rainforest Café. The bridge is a great place to watch sunsets and stroll, and also features some great new shopping outlets.
- Flour & Sugar offers freshly baked cookies with Florida flavors like coconut, key lime and strawberry.
- Florida Bath Co. sells specialty soaps made with homegrown ingredients like organic vegetable juices and essential citrus oils.
- Icon Jewellery by Bico focuses on customizable pewter pieces emblazoned with concepts like Love and Friendship, Protection, Strength and Luck. Items are enhanced with fine materials like Swarovski Crystals, New Guinea Rosewood and leather.
- Kate & Leo is a cart selling charming toys and games. You’ll find travel games, magnetic story boards, beautiful art supplies and more.
Town Center offers a sophisticated mix of shopping and dining along with a promenade where guests can relax, refresh and reconnect.
- D-Luxe Burger is a burger aficionado's go-to restaurant, with specialty burgers, dipping sauces, and knockout fries.
- Blaze Fast-Fire-d Pizza lets you customize your personal pizza with a choice of 40 toppings.
The West Side provides an exuberant atmosphere with lively entertainment, along with a series of new elevated spaces that provide both shade and an overlook to the activity below.
- Four food trucks (Fantasy Fare, Namaste Cafe, Superstar Catering and World Showcase of Flavors), themed to Disney World's four theme parks, are a permanent fixure in a small park featuring tables and chairs for waterside dining. The park also includes a small performance area for live entertainment.
Stay up to date on the latest family getaway ideas, travel tips, and deals. Sign up for my free family vacations newsletter today!