Donald's Boat at Disneyland California
Did you know that Donald Duck has a boat? It's named the Miss Daisy, and it's docked in the middle of Toontown close to Goofy's House. Donald actually lives in his boat here, and you can see how.
Once you get inside, you can climb a spiral staircase and spin the captain's wheel, and ring the boat's bell. You can also get great views of Toontown from there.
Below deck, you can see Donald's favorite photos and where he sleeps. Outside, his sailor suit hangs on the clothesline and there's a speaker that is shaped like a duck's bill.
Donald's Boat is a good place to work off some excess energy, climbing a rope ladder and going up the spiral staircase. The view from the top deck is excellent and worth climbing the stairs for if you haven't already done that in one of the other Toontown houses.
What You Need to Know About Donald's Boat
- Rating: ★★
- Location: Toontown
- Recommended for: Younger children
- Fun Factor: Medium to low
- Wait Factor: Low.
How to Have More Fun at Donald's Boat
- For a worn-out adult, the most fun at Donald's Boat may be the shady rest and viewing area where can sit while the kids run around. It's more spacious than the houses nearby, giving kids more room to run and play.
- Upstairs, pull the whistle cord. It won't make the boat's whistle go off, but it will trigger water spouts on the deck.
- The life preserver with Donald Duck's head in the middle is a good place to take a cute picture.
- Look for hidden Mickeys on the boat, on the picture frame above Donald's hammock. You can also find a hidden Goofy over in Mickey's House, in the holes on the player piano roll.
- Just so you know, I have read a few online reviews that say larger kids sometimes get so excited that they push the little ones out of the way upstairs.
- Reviewers on Yelp give Donald's Boat lower ratings than the other walk-through houses in Toontown. That may be because of their children's reactions. It seems like it doesn't hold kids' attention very long. You can read some of their reviews for yourself.
- If someone needs to "go," you'll find restrooms right across the street next to Goofy's Gas Station.
Fun Facts About Donald's Boat
This double-decker houseboat looks like Donald, starting with a roof shaped like his sailor cap.
Miss Daisy takes her name from Donald's girlfriend. He and Miss Daisy Duck started dating in 1940. You can see Daisy as the nautical figurehead on the boat.
The Miss Daisy was Donald's official house in the television series "Mickey Mouse Works" and "House of Mouse."
Donald Duck's official home is Duckburg in the fictional U.S. state of Calisota, along with his uncle Scrooge McDuck, nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie and the love of his life, Daisy Duck. He must have come to Disneyland on his boat to see his pals.
Don't think about it too much, but the small body of water the boat sits in doesn't go anywhere. How on earth did Donald get it in there? My best guess: He asked Sorcerer Mickey for help.
More About Donald's Boat
To enjoy Donald's Boat, you have to be able to walk by yourself or with help from other members of your party. There are steps to climb and narrow passages.You can stay in your wheelchair or ECV to tour the first level only. Use the main entrance. More about visiting Disneyland in a wheelchair or ECV