The menu at Alice Cooper'stown offers quite a variety, but it can best be described as bar food barbecue and comfort foods. It is a sports and rock 'n' roll themed restaurant owned by the shock rocker Alice Cooper.
What I Liked
- Great barbecue
- Large sports and rock memorabilia collection
- Servers wear Alice-like eye makeup
- It's a noisy place; not for private conversation, business discussion, or romance
- It is crowded on game days at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
- Alice Cooper'stown has only one location in Arizona. It's in downtown Phoenix, just south of the Talking Stick Resort Arena.
- Alice Cooper'stown is a busy place on game nights (Phoenix Suns, Arizona Rattlers, Phoenix Mercury, Arizona Diamondbacks) and concert nights.
- Alice Cooper lives in the Phoenix area, and he really owns the place. Sometimes he comes in when he's not on tour.
- This restaurant is basically a sports bar with a rock music museum. Kids love it. Don't miss the Fender Guitar Collection.
- Alice Cooper'stown is open for lunch and dinner.
- There is a large outdoor patio with outdoor bar and outdoor scoreboard.
- Alice Cooper'stown has a live music stage.
- During First Friday Alice Cooper'stown features local bands and local artists.
- The restaurant has an Alice Cooper souvenir shop.
Review - Alice Cooper'stown
I have to be in the mood, but when I want some great barbecue served by pierced and eye-blacked servers surrounded by platinum albums, Fender guitars, big screens and loud music, there's only one place for me.
That's Alice Cooper'stown.
You'll find people of all ages here, and on a game night or before a concert or show at a downtown Phoenix theatre, good luck getting in unless you get there early. Alice Cooper'stown is part museum, part monument to sports, part nightclub, part bar/hangout, part blatantly commercial, and all Alice Cooper.
I love it.
I'm here really to talk about the food at Alice Cooper'stown. The wings are some of the best in town, and the rib meat was so tender it fell off the bone. I highly recommend the barbecue. The BBQ Sampler Plate is always a good bet if you can't decide on one item. Two people could easily share. Every item on the plate — ribs, smoked turkey, pulled pork, hot link, brisket — was juicy and very lean. Even the french fries are good at Alice Cooper'stown — batter dipped, crunchy on the outside, warm on the inside. Cole slaw is homemade. Other items we ordered were equally admirable. The Bleu Cheese Burger is half a pound of yum, with blue cheese and bacon. The Pulled Pork sandwich was lean and just right.
If BBQ isn't what pleases you, there are salads, pastas, low carb selections, veggie selections, and a nice kid's menu.
Hint: The Big Unit Hot Dog is two feet long, and they'll make sure everyone in the place knows you ordered it.
101 E. Jackson St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Visit Alice Cooper'stown online
Prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.