AFI DOCS is a film festival that was created through a unique alliance between the American Film Institute (AFI) and Discovery Channel to showcase, honor and expand the audience for independent documentaries. AFI DOCS brings the best new documentaries to Washington, DC area audiences, showcasing 84 films representing 28 countries. In 2013, the film festival was renamed and expanded to include venues on the National Mall and the Penn Quarter neighborhood of Washington DC and at the AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center in Silver Spring, Maryland.<br/>
Dates: June 22-26, 2016
2016 Festival Highlights
To Be Announced
Film Festival Locations
- AFI Silver Theater - 8633 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD.
- Goethe-Institut - 812 Seventh Street, NW Washington, DC
- National Archives - William G. McGowan Theater, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Washington, DC
- Newseum - Documentary Theatre (Screenings), Knight Conference Center (Catalyst Sessions – entrance on 6th Street NW) 555 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC
- National Museum of American History - Warner Brothers Theater, 1400 Constitution Ave NW Washington DC
- National Portrait Gallery - The Nan Tucker McEvoy Auditoriu, Eighth and F Streets NW Washington, DC.
$14 per screening
$110 for a combination package including 10 screenings
See the film schedule and purchase tickets in advance by visiting www.afi.com. CASH ONLY at the door.