AAA membership has a number of great benefits beyond the usual roadside assistance with your car. If you're a member, you can get some excellent discounts on Long Island, NY. Here are some of the many possibilities in Nassau and Suffolk counties. Remember to show your AAA membership card when asking for all these discounts.
Note: All of the following discounts were available as of the time of this writing. Please double check with AAA for the latest prices on local attractions and entertainment.
AAA members receive up to 40 percent off the regular box office prices at select AMC theaters and other anticipating movie theaters on Long Island. (Note: the discounted tickets are not valid for the first two weeks of a first run movie or at special performances at these theaters.)
- AAA members save 10 percent on admission to the Hicksville Gregory Museum (in the historic Heitz Place Courthouse, near the corner of Woodbury Road and Bay Avenue in Hicksville, New York.)
- When you and your family visit the Long Island Children's Museum (11 Davis Avenue, Garden City, New York). Show your AAA membership card when purchasing admission tickets and receive a discount.
- Show your AAA membership card at the Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages (1200 Route 25A, Stony Brook, New York) to receive a 20 percent discount on the admission price.
- Empire State Passport
- The Long Island Philharmonic holds regularly scheduled concerts. To receive a 25 percent discount on tickets, call a special number and give them the AAA member discount code listed there. Note: The Long Island Philharmonic also performs a number of free concerts at venues like Eisenhower Park.
AAA members enjoy a variety of discounts on Long Island, including a free coupon book with savings at select retailers at Tanger Outlets. To receive the booklet, please show your AAA card at the Tanger Customer Service Center.
- LensCrafters: AAA members can save 30 percent on eye exams, eyewear, sunglasses, and accessories. You can also save 15 percent on individually purchased lenses or frames, 10 percent on non-disposable contact lenses at participating locations. AAA members will also receive an additional $5 discount on all general public offers that exceed the AAA discount.