01 of 02
How to Get to the U.S. Capitol Grounds for the Inaugural Events
This map shows the viewing areas and security access routes for the 2017 Presidential Inaugural Swearing-in Ceremony. Every person attending the Swearing-in Ceremony on the grounds of the U.S. Capitol Building is required to have a ticket, including children (with the exception of infants too young to walk). The tickets are color coded and correspond to a specific section. Ticketed guests must enter the Capitol Grounds through the security entry point designated for their particular section. Security screening gates will open at 6:00 a.m. and the formal program begins at 11:30 a.m. Guests not through the screening points by 11:30 a.m. may not be allowed to enter. Please see more details about the color coded sections below.
NOTE: There are separate security entrances for the Inaugural Parade. For details, see the Inaugural Parade Route Map.
For more information about the inaugural events, see Presidential Inauguration 2017.
Inaugural Swearing-in Ceremony Map User Tips
- The colored... sections on the map show the viewing areas and security entrances for the corresponding colored tickets. Yellow, orange, green, blue, and red are seating sections that require tickets. The pink section shows the public viewing area on the National Mall. This area is standing room only and does not require tickets. The gray area in front is for handicapped access.
- The colored lines depict the paths from the security entrances to the corresponding colored ticket seating areas
- Non ticket holder security entrances along the Mall are shown by the small purple circle icons
- The areas outlined and filled in grey have no public access allowed
Security Entrances for the Ticketed Areas of the Swearing-in Ceremony
- Blue Ticket - D St at Louisianna Ave. NW
- Orange Ticket - Washington Ave NW
- Red Ticket - 3rd St Near Constitution Ave NW
- Green Ticket - Washington Ave NW
- Yellow Ticket - Lower Senate Park
Non-Ticketed Access to the National Mall
Viewing the Inaugural ceremonies from the National Mall does not require tickets. The non-ticketed area of the National Mall begins at 4th Street NW, and extends towards the Washington Monument. Entry points to the non-ticketed portion of the National Mall are located at:
Continue to 2 of 2 below.
- Constitution Ave at 12 St NW
- Constitution Ave at 9th St NW
- Constitution Ave at 7th St NW
- Independence Ave at 7th St SW
- Independence Ave at 12th St SW
02 of 02
Inaugural Swearing-in Ceremony Map
This map shows the color coded seating sections for the Inauguration Swearing-in Ceremony in a closer view.
Washington, DC Sightseeing Information
More About Washington, DC
Looking for more Washington, DC information? Start with the Washington, DC Home Page, where you'll find current features and an in depth guide to everything you want to know about the DC/Capital region.