Paris' upwardly mobile 16th arrondissement has, unsurprisingly, a large number of excellent fresh food shops and vendors dotted around the area. If you're looking for a traditional open-air market, look no further: these pop-up locations are the perfect places to stroll and stock up on items including fresh produce, meat, poultry, and fish, bread and pastries, flowers, cheeses, or regional specialties from France and other parts of the world.
This small little market near the Michel-Ange metro station has a humble number of stands but is reputed for its excellent produce (including an organic stand), cheese vendors, and other basic fresh goods.
- Location: Place Jean Lorrain
- Metro: Michel-Ange-Auteuil (Line 9 and 10)
Another smaller weekday open-air market, with a special focus on organic produce.
- Location: Rue Gros and Rue La Fontaine
- Metro: Mirabeau or Ranelagh (Line 9)
Marché Point du Jour
This moderately-sized market situated near the city limit at Porte de Saint-Cloud offers a great selection of excellent fresh items and is particularly noted for its foie-gras, fish and shellfish, and cheeses.
- Location: Avenue de Versailles, from Rue Le Marois to Rue Gudin
- Metro: Porte de Saint-Cloud (Line 9)
Marché Porte Molitor
This is a small community market open certain weekdays, and offering fresh staples (fruits and vegetables, cheese, bread, fish, etc.)
- Location: Place de la Porte Molitor
- Metro: Porte d'autueil (Line 10)
Marché Président Wilson
This is a good-sized market near the bustling Place d'Iena and the Eiffel Tower. With 16 fruit and vegetable stands and a very good selection of other products, it's an excellent place to stock up on fresh and preserved items, the latter of which can make excellent gifts from Paris.
- Location: Avenue du President Wilson, between Rue Debrousse and the Place d’Iéna
- Metro: Alma-Marceau, Iéna (Line 9)
Marché Amiral Bruix
This cute little market near the city limits at Porte Maillot has only a few stands, so think about heading to larger markets in the area if you need more than the basics.
- Location: Boulevard Bruix, between Rue Weber and Rue Marbeau
- Metro: Porte Maillot (Line 1), or RER Line C
Passy Covered Market
This is a delightful, historic covered market in the old neighborhood of Passy that's open year-round and every day except Mondays. From delectable regional cheeses to ultra-fresh fish and produce, it's known as one of the city's finest food markets.
- Location: Place de Passy
- Metro: La Muette (Line 9)
More information on market locations and times can be found on the official Paris city website.